LeJeune Steel Company and its affiliates, Wisconsin Structural Steel (WSSCO) and Industrial Fabricators Inc. (IFI), are industry leading structural steel fabricators committed to building better communities. We do this through excellence, quality, and value in our structural solutions, continuous growth and opportunity for our employees, and mutually beneficial relationships with all our partners. We want our structures to connect people, provide safe places for business and pleasure, and give life to the ideas of the people who design them and who use them.
* Professional - give full effort, learn, share, and lead by example
* Accountable - get it done, own the results
* Superior Service - do the right thing, foster relationships, be helpful
* Innovative - think, challenge the status quo, solve problems creatively
* Optimistic - be positive, have courage, failure happens - learn from it
* Nimble - embrace change, make it happen, control our destiny
Partner with Lejeune Steel and join an organization focused on PASSION, dedicated enthusiasm, and care for our work and industry.
Industrial Production Painter
Reports to: Plant Manager
The Industrial Production Painter is responsible to accept or reject surface profile and cleanliness per project specifications. They will need to know how to monitor the environmental conditions and dry times for each type of coating being applied. Mix and apply the proper coating, to produce the specified Dry Film Thickness (DFT).
Compare received coatings to Bill of Lading, and log those into inventory. If there are discrepancies between the Bill of Lading and received products, report the discrepancy immediately to Material and Inventory Manager for clarification.
* Verifying piece marks are retained and legible after coating application.
* Maintaining paint shop inventory and equipment maintenance.
* Other duties as assigned by management.
Clean and Prepare Surfaces
* Scrape, sandpaper, prime, or seal surfaces prior to painting.
* Industrial Painters must first prepare the surface they are going to paint. Cleaning by hand, power tool, or mechanical blasting.
* Operate the mechanical blaster to clean steel according to specified safety requirements.
* Before starting a job, Industrial Painters prepare the paint they will use. They use measurement equipment such as viscosity cups, paint thermometer, and environmental gauges.
* Can read and understand coating product data sheets (PDS).
* Have the ability and desire to become efficient with painting techniques, meet company productivity rates, maintain mil thickness, and learn all aspects of job as required.
* Mix and apply specified coating.
* The Industrial Painter will use a variety of techniques and tools to paint surfaces. They may use airless spray equipment, stencils, rollers, or brushes. Industrial painters must choose the best tool for the job at hand.
* Apply primer, intermediate, and finishing coats.
* The Industrial Painter must use special safety equipment such as PAPR hood, protective eyewear, full or half face respirator, or a combination of PPE when applying coatings.
* Monitor environmental conditions and dry times.
* Apply touchups or second coats.
* Correct coating defects on finished material.
Clean Work Areas
* Clean up the area after they have finished a job. Carefully follow all guidelines for the safe handling and disposal of hazardous chemicals and waste.
* Responsible for maintenance of their painting equipment, some of which is quite technical. Must be able to troubleshoot any problems that the equipment may have.
* Clean up all equipment, including brushes, spray guns, hoses, and paint pumps.
* Clean spraying equipment with solvent or other recommended cleaning solutions daily.
* Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen test and background.
* Pass respirator fit test.
* Demonstrate the ability to operate a pendant controlled overhead crane and forklift.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
All qualified applicants with LeJeune Steel Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.