Family-owned for over 150 years Masterson Foods has a rich history and reputation as a quality supplier of premium sweet and savory food products. We are a recognized leader in supplying sweet and savory food products and customized manufacturing solutions to the restaurant, packaged ice cream, and contract manufacturing segments of the food industry. Our family owned company, through a process of continuous improvement and renewal, will exceed the expectations of our customers, employees, and community. We are committed to being a good neighbor, an attractive and ethical place to work, and an attentive supplier
We are currently looking for Processing Specialists (Cooks/Blenders). Processing Specialists are responsible for setting up, operating, and tending equipment that blends, mixes, and cooks ingredients during the manufacturing process of food products. Reads instructions and prepares products according to prescribed formulas. Your work is key to ensure continuous operations by meeting production needs and your attention to detail will come in handy as you measure, weigh, count, mark, label and inspect products and materials. You will get the chance to train on cross contamination policies and learn all about the GMPs and SOPs that keep our products at the highest of quality standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up & change over to meet production requirements including: adjusting valves to appropriate cooker, changeover of pipes to appropriate tank, verification of formula, and set-up drum & tote pumps.
- Combine ingredients according to formulas including: weigh out raw materials, dump raw materials and rework into kettle, meter/weigh liquid material into kettle, and turn on mixer at appropriate speed.
- Monitor cooking process including: turn on stem & regulate temperature & time and turn on water jacket to regulate temperature.
- Pump completed product into holding tanks. Ensure appropriate holding tank temperature. Control and monitor homogenizer, as necessary.
- Observe & maintain necessary written documentation to include: lot numbers of materials, authorized deviations, temperatures, temperature chart notations, mixer speeds, time recording/interruptions, metal detector checks, and filters.
- Pumps rework into and from drums and reallocates rework in the plant.
- Completes necessary paperwork and/or data entry for production reports, compression tests, drain weight, production disposition forms, process control sheets, and housekeeping checklists.
- Takes necessary samples for QC and Lab testing as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes process vessels and associated equipment to adhere to all Company SOP’s, GMP, including sanitary requirements, and safety.
- Adheres to all GMP, including sanitary requirements, Safety, and Standardized Work procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required but Technical degree in industrial maintenance, culinary, food & beverage, agricultural or related field is preferred. Certificate in baking, food studies, or intro to food manufacturing is also accepted.
- 1-3 years of previous experience in a food, drug, or beverage manufacturing environment.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds continuously.
- Ideal candidate will have prior experience in batch, compounding, or mixing experience.
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Detail oriented nature and precision is critical to ensure products adhere to designated quality standards.
- General knowledge of OSHA Codes, GMP's and sanitary design. Basic knowledge of environmental regulations.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts to the production process including conversion of weight and volume in the metric system.
- Must be hardworking, punctual, dependable and work well with others.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Masterson Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.