Sealed Air is in business to protect, to solve critical packaging challenges and to leave our world better than we found it. Our portfolio of leading packaging solutions includes CRYOVAC brand food packaging, SEALED AIR brand protective packaging and BUBBLE WRAP brand packaging, which collectively enable a safer, more efficient food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.9billion in sales in 2020and has approximately 16,500 employees who serve customers in 115countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com.
Sign on Bonus- $2,000
Benefits start day one of employment- no waiting period.
We pay a competitive hourly rate and offer overtime, along with job training and career advancement.
Shift: Monday-Friday (First Shift)
- Assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power tools. Position, align, and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly. Connect cables, tubes, and wiring, according to specifications. Attach name plates and mark identifying information on parts. Read basic blueprints with detailed work instructions specifications to determine component parts and assembly sequences of electromechanical units. Visually inspect parts and sub-assemblies before passing to the next operation.
- Work from work orders, exploded assembly prints, work instructions with digital photos, marked up prints and own knowledge of equipment necessary to meet machine and system operational performance. Provide suggestions for improvements including documentation issues. Use hand and powered tools, soldering equipment, measuring devices and basic testers common to assembly operations. Dress wired, solder connections and clean solder joints as required.
- Obtain work and verify count on work orders, correctness of parts, components required for sub-assemblies and complete machine. Pull parts from receiving stocking area on carts or skids and put them away in the proper location turning in the paperwork for processing. Requisition needed parts and supplies through proper supervision or TOC Magnets.
- Record time or production information required and maintain assigned records in proper manner. Maintain work area and equipment used in a clean and orderly condition. Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material or unsafe conditions to proper supervision. Observe all prescribe or standard safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to use shop mathematics and read work orders, parts lists, basic prints and work instructions
- Familiar with basic mechanical comprehension, electrical/electronic circuits, assembly methods and procedures of packaging machines and systems
- Basic computer skills
- ERP system experience
- Minimum of 3 months experience in assembly or similar area
- High school diploma required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.