Date Posted:August 06, 2021
Department:40008029 Operation of Plant
Shift:Day/Evening/Night (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Union Contract:L70-2-Buffalo Engineers
Weekend Rotation: Every 3rd
Job Summary:To maintain a safe and effective environment through maintenance, repair and operation of all mechanical, pneumatic and ventilating equipment. Prevent unscheduled downtime of equipment.
Job Description:Principle Responsibilities
- Provides maintenance and repairs to building structures, building systems, and equipment contained therein.
- Service, repair, and maintain refrigeration and HVAC system.
- Service, repair and install piping, fixtures, fittings and associated hardware for compressed gasses, vacuum, steam, potable and non-potable plumbing systems.
- Do electrical replacements, repairs and maintenance of electrical equipment.
- Report hazards and/or potential work hazards in our facilities in order to prevent injury to self, peers, patients, and visitors.
- Maintain record of all inspections, testing and repairs to comply with regulatory and insurance agency requirements.
- May perform emergency repairs on critical life safety and none-life safety equipment which could include patient beds, surgical gurneys, utilities disruption, nurse call, TVs and electronics.
- May perform daily rounds in designated areas to assure facility is in good, safe working condition.
- May need to order materials, supplies and parts.
- Operate heating plant boilers when properly licensed.
- Takes charge of the heating plant and makes adjustments to building systems.
- Preventative and Corrective Maintenance.
- May perform interior preventative maintenance which could include panting, electrical, plumbing, light carpentry and HVAC related needs.
- May perform exterior preventative maintenance which could include roof checks, grounds checks and snow removal.
- Preventative Maintenance helps prevent possible downtime
- May include inspecting, cleaning and changing air filters, including electronic filters.
- May provide waste handling and disposal.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or GED and
- Vocational or Technical Training in Engineering
- 2 to 5 years of maintenance Experience (Hospital setting preferred) required
- 2 to 5 years of experience in refrigeration cycle, electrical knowledge, welding, HVAC, pneumatic control experience and fire system preferred
- Licensed Boilermaker/Engineer - MN Department of Labor & Industry preferred at Abbott Northwestern Hospital 2C license or
- Licensed Boilermaker/Engineer - MN Department of Labor & Industry required at Allina Health Clinics Special Boiler license or
- Licensed Boilermaker/Engineer - MN Department of Labor & Industry required at Buffalo Hospital 2B license or
- Licensed Boilermaker/Engineer - MN Department of Labor & Industry required at Cambridge Medical Center 1C and 2B licenses or
- Licensed Boilermaker/Engineer - MN Department of Labor & Industry required at Courage Kenny Golden Valley 1C license or
- Licensed Boilermaker/Engineer - MN Department of Labor & Industry required at District One Hospital 1B license within 180 Days or
- Licensed Boilermaker/Engineer - MN Department of Labor & Industry preferred at Mercy Hospital (both Mercy and Unity campuses) 1-B license or
- Licensed Boilermaker/Engineer - MN Department of Labor & Industry required at New Ulm Medical Center 1C license or
- Licensed Boilermaker/Engineer - MN Department of Labor & Industry required at Owatonna Hospital 1B license or
- Licensed Boilermaker/Engineer - MN Department of Labor & Industry required at Regina Hospital 1B license within 180 Days or
- Licensed Boilermaker/Engineer - MN Department of Labor & Industry required at River Falls Hospital Special Boiler license (WI) within 60 Days or
- Licensed Boilermaker/Engineer - MN Department of Labor & Industry required at St. Francis Regional Medical Center Special Boiler license within 60 days and 2C license within 1 year of obtaining Special Boiler license or
- Licensed Boilermaker/Engineer - MN Department of Labor & Industry required at United Hospital 2-B license
- See the Big Picture: Know where we are going as an organization. Use sound judgement and critical thinking to make good decisions that support our mission.
- I know where Allina is going and how my role fits into this picture
- I capture important lessons and share them to foster innovation
- I am good at anticipating the implications of my decisions
- I understand and apply the disciplines of continuous improvement
- Inspire Greatness: Inspire others by connecting their purpose to the broader mission. Lead others through change and celebrate success.
- I help my team connect to the broader mission
- I see and fulfill my role in motivating the team around me
- I celebrate success and help my partners see what is possible with change
- I call out and address unexpected roadblocks or problems
- Foster Learning and Growth: Role model growth, ongoing development and self-care. Empower, coach and encourage others to be at their best selves.
- I role-model self-care and ongoing development
- I share my knowledge and coach others to foster growth and success
- I demonstrate enthusiasm for learning
- I candidly advocate for the resources I need
- I support my colleagues in their development and growth
- Deliver Excellence: Set and align clear goals, measure results, and continually improve safety, quality, experience, and innovation.
- I take ownership of outcomes and fulfillment of goals
- I facilitate adjustments to assure positive results
- I work with a sense of urgency, concern and determination
- I use well-grounded approaches to create sustainable solutions repeatedly
- I engage and foster improvements to impact safety, quality, and efficiency
- Succeed Together:Connect with others authentically. Recognize the value of each individual and seek diverse points of view. Collaborate to succeed together.
- I consider how decisions might impact my colleagues
- I am generous in my commitment to supporting the needs of my partners
- I respect others' opinions, praise good work and encourage all team members to be involved
- I seek common ground and work to create mutually beneficial outcomes
- Communication Skills: Communicates using persuasion and authority.
- Company Knowledge: Understands how his/her team contributes to the department to meet the goals defined.
- Problem Solving: Arrives at a conclusion based on previous experiences and good judgment.
- Analytical Thinking: Diagnoses issues using a systematic and methodical approach.
Lifting weight Up to 100 lbs. occasionally, Up to 50 lbs. frequently
Additional Job Description:
Afternoon: M-F 1:30pm-10:00pm
Every 3rd weekend come in for 2 Minimum
Every 3rd week on-call Start Monday-Monday
Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.