Founded in 1999, eTEC Mechanical is a full-service mechanical contractor providing engineering, installation and maintenance for HVAC, plumbing, piping and fire protection systems. We provide diverse mechanical services to meet our customer's needs, ranging from engineering and installing heating and cooling systems to maintaining and troubleshooting commercial/industrial HVAC and fire protection systems. eTEC's mission is to provide commercial and industrial HVAC, plumbing, piping and fire protection systems for customers who need a single source mechanical contractor. We are the only mechanical service provider in central Virginia able to efficiently provide professional in-house engineering, installation and maintenance for HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems to the commercial and industrial market.
The piping foreman will supervise pipe-fitting/welding mechanics and helpers, ensuring the installation, maintenance and repair of all piping related systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review of project specifications to determine materials, equipment, supplies and/or labor needed to complete the project in accordance with established time frame.
- Will coordinate the transportation and delivery of materials to the job site.
- Perform material take off from drawings.
- Review blueprints and building codes/specifications to determine work details and procedures.
- Supervise mechanics, helpers and any other assigned worker to ensure work is being performed to project specifications, as well as in a safe manner.
- Coordinate activities of plumbers and helpers with other skilled trades assigned to multi-craft projects.
- Attend project meetings on a regular basis.
- Communicate job status with piping superintendent daily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 7+ years of experience as a plumbers mechanic in commercial or light industrial settings.
- Prior supervisory experience is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to use power tools and equipment commonly used in the construction trade in a safe manner.
- Physical activities include standing, balancing, climbing stairs and ladders, walking and ability to lift up to 50 lbs. are required.
Benefits and Perks:
- Excellent wages
- Opportunity for career growth
- Paid Holidays (8)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k w/ employer contribution
- Healthcare w/ employer contribution
- Paid life and disability
- Employer paid life insurance
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Discounts at major cell phone and auto companies
*All offers are predicated upon successfully passing a drug test and background check.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled