POSITION TITLE: Custodian
DEPARTMENT: Divisional Headquarters
REPORTS TO: Facility Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt (hourly) Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week
The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual regeneration of all people.
- BASIC PURPOSE
The purpose of this position is to maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the Divisional Headquarters Building and assist the Facility Manager with all program set-ups and light maintenance.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Vacuuming all carpeted areas.
- Sweeping and mopping all hard surfaced flooring.
- Buffing tiled floors.
- Dusting all surfaces including office desks, counters and windowsills.
- Trash collecting for entire building.
- Bathroom cleaning of toilets, floors, counters, sinks and mirrors.
- Replenishing bathroom supplies as needed.
- Cleaning glass doors inside and out.
- Keeping inventory of all janitorial supplies.
- Clean outside fountain and empty outside trash can(s).
- Program set-up of tables and chairs as assigned by Facility Manager
- Daily communication with Facility Manager.
- Changing of lights as needed.
- Cleaning of Divisional floater vehicles.
- Performing any other work necessary to maintain the appearance, cleanliness and safety of the Divisional Headquarters Building.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of 1 year prior experience in a maintenance, custodian, or janitorial position;
- High school diploma or GED required;
- Must possess a valid California class C driver's license;
- Must satisfactorily participate in the Driver Fleet Safety Program;
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision; and
- Good communication skills and ability to comprehend English instructions and follow through with desired requirements.
- PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS
This position requires:
- Frequent lifting of 30 pounds or more;
- Frequent climbing of ladders;
- Good mobility with the ability to climb, crawl, bend and have good dexterity in regard to grasping, reaching, and handling.
- The ability to operate indoor cleaning machines (i.e., vacuum, buffer) and grounds keeping equipment (i.e., lawn mower, edger, blower).
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform the essential duties with or without accommodation.
High School or Equivalent (preferred)
1 years: Prior experience in a maintenance, custodian, or janitorial position. (preferred)
Licenses & Certifications
Driver's License (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The Salvation Army is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified job applicants, job candidates, and employees with disabilities to ensure they enjoy equal access to all employment opportunities and benefits of employment as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act. EEO is the Law.