We heard you knock!
Testing of doors, door components and door systems across all Masonite product lines. Works closely with Supervisor, Technical Support and Testing along with appropriate Product Engineers and other functions across Masonite as applicable. Refine and evaluate existing door components and assemblies and Testing in conjunction with the Engineering, R&D and Product Development .
- Manages Technical process flow to further optimize testing and new prototype process with Product Engineering Team.
- Perform tasks for MIC testing and prototype process, logging of information, follow up on prototyping process of new products building requests per business requirements on-time and on-budget.
- Understanding failure modes of materials & technologies of sealing, insulated (thermal & sound), fire resistant composite systems.
- Refines and evaluates existing door components, door systems and materials in conjunction with Engineering, R&D and Product development.
- Responsible for evaluating problematic testing systems and determine whom or what needs to be acted upon to help resolve the testing results vs original requestors intent.
- Document and report with minor analysis of test data using MS Office, Excel and other software applications.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions to conduct testing tasks.
- Active role by making decisions, participating in meetings, and being a team player.
- Multi-task daily workload with direction and prioritization from supervisor. Coordinate the work activities with other technicians as required
- Provides technical support in improving new test methods, updating SOP/WI procedures, evaluating new process for old and new equipment for testing/prototypes.
- Responsible for purchasing new test equipment and outlining test procedures which are congruent with Product Engineering, R&D or Product Developments intentions.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering discipline (mechanical, civil, chemical, or materials engineering).
Familiarity with CAD but not required.
Understanding of engineering with wood, composites, plastics, fiberglass, and adhesively bonded systems & technologies of sealing, insulated (thermal & sound), fire resistant composite systems.
Practical knowledge of test methods and test standards (ASTM, ANSI, WDMA, etc.) of engineered components (performance, environmental, regulatory testing) as well as prototyping methodologies.
Relevant industry experience and technical understanding of relevant manufacturing process and products, in order to understand testing requirements and evaluation of test results.
Must be able to take direction from Supervisor, collaborate with other team members, have good interpersonal skills, and communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Work independently with little supervision and deliver excellent results on time in a fast-paced team environment.
Open to extraordinary!
- Ability to sit, stand, lift, push, pull or walk 8 hrs./day
- Ability to lift 50+lbs