|* Plans, organizes and instructs youth dance classes for ages 4 and up
|Duties, Functions and Supervision/Accountability:|
|Major Duties/Essential Functions
* Plans and implements effective instruction
* Assist participants, respond to questions and concerns
* Provides communication to and from participants and parents
* Complete required reports and records
* Notify Recreation Manager or Building Supervisor of problems and concerns regarding facilities, participants, and/or parents
* Notify Recreation Manager or Building Supervisor of needed supplies, equipment, or repairs
* Distributes information and supplies to students
* Reports to Recreation Manager
* Prior dance class experience, knowledge of general dance steps, basic ballet, and basic hip hop steps are required.
* Knowledge of appropriate Dance skills, training, and instruction methods for youth
* Knowledge of standard safety practices
* Must be 16 years of age or older
* Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Department personnel and the public, and to deal with them in a courteous and tactful manner
* Strong oral communication skills
* Ability to maintain a safe and positive learning environment
* Ability to supervise and maintain control of participants
* Ability to keep accurate records and complete any necessary paperwork
Tools and Equipment Used
* Equipment specific to the subject matter
|Special Conditions of Work:|
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, talk, hear, read and write. He/she may periodically need to reach, stoop, crouch, or kneel.
Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
* Must work well with others
* Has verbal contact with others
* Inside and outside work with exposure to the weather
* Noisy environment
Tuesday evenings 5:45 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
As a part time position this job is covered by a process that includes, but is not limited to the completion of a formal application, the rating and verification of education and experience, oral interviews and a reference check. Job related tests may be required as determined by the City. All applicants may be required to submit to a stringent medical examination prior to appointment consistent with requirements of the position. All appointees may be fingerprinted and a record check made of local, state or federal authorities. A conviction is not an automatic bar to employment.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.