Vitro is a leader in designing, producing and distributing automotive glass. We engage with the world's most prestigious automotive producers by providing glass products that make vehicles quieter, safer, more durable and more beautiful.
Vitro is currently seeking aProduct Engineer to lead the technical product development and engineering activities on Vitro's glazing systems, which will include automotive windshields, front and rear door windows, quarter or roof panels and backlites. This position will be responsible for the on-time delivery of all projects that are assigned, and meeting technical requirements for design and manufacturability at a level of quality that is acceptable to both Vitro and the OEM customer.
The Product Engineer will be based at the OEM's Design and Engineering Center. Travel requirements for the position are low to moderate.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring Vitro product designs meet technical requirements, including development and checking of assembly and part prints, specifications, tolerances, and interface stack-ups.
- Serve as the Product Design technical expert between OEM and Vitro personnel and systems to ensure the voice and needs of the customer are heard and acted upon from a technical perspective.
- Utilize both internal and external functions and resources to ensure product engineering activities are completed on time and coordinated with manufacturing, purchasing and quality functions.
- Ensures compliance to all APQP/TS/IATF16949 requirements for product engineering activities (DFMEAs, DVP&Rs, Special Characteristic identification, etc.).
- On time delivery and high quality of all Product Engineering and Design activities to support all data release and tooling milestones.
- Management of all OEM and Vitro internal and joint design reviews.
- Support launches, continuous improvement and follow up on problem resolution and cost reduction.
- Generates GPIRS report to Vitro, identifies alternatives for part fabrication and assembly process and supports fabrication of pre-production parts, buy off and ship.
- Support, request and evaluate quote response (SQR Commodity Sourcing)