|Post End Date||12/31/2021|
The pay range for this position ranges from $24.53/hr - $27.07/hr.
Install of ships equipment which includes general machinery, main machinery, weapons systems, remote operating gear etc. which involves layout, tacking, grinding, drilling, reaming, spot facing, bolting, torqueing, testing etc. (but not limited to).
Responsible for safely activating, testing and operating of ships, main propulsion and auxiliary systems in accordance with approved procedures, practices and policies.
Responsible to comply with approved Departmental Operating Instructions.
Read and interpret test memos.
Participate in sea trials and work list ship systems to provide direction to the construction mechanics.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Experience using basic shop tools, tacking, hand tools, torqueing and portable drilling tools.
* 2 years Trade or Technical schooling in a mechanical field, or at least 3 years of experience working in a mechanical Field
* Any of the following:
* Valid USCG engine license or QMED certification for steam, motor or gas turbine engines
* A minimum of 3 years Navy or Coast Guard experience in engineering position, minimum E4 pay grade
* A minimum of 3 years successfully operating and testing shipboard systems
* Required - Must be able to read blueprints in detail.
* Required - Must be able to do layout, read measuring tools, tape measure, inside and outside micrometers, Vernier or dial calipers, and perform simple math calculations.
* Preferred - Knowledge of equipment alignment, machining, torqueing methods.
* Preferred - Gas Turbine operating experience
* Preferred - Hydrostatic flushing and testing systems.
* Required - Must meet the requirements of the O04 physical task analysis.