QuarterLineis currently seekinga full-time Ophthalmology Technician/Technologist to join our team at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.As an employee ofQuarterLine, you will have the opportunity to treatactive duty personnel, military retirees, eligible veterans, and their enrolled family members at 59 MDW.
The 59th Medical Wing (MDW) is the U.S. Air Force's largest medical wing and is the Air Force functional medical command for Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA). It comprises seven medical groups across San Antonio. Three are located at the Wilford Hall Ambulatory Surgical Center (WHASC); the 959th Medical Group is located at San Antonio Military Medical Center (SAMMC), JBSA-Fort Sam Houston; the 59th Training Group - the wing's newest group, activated on 4 January 2016, is also located at JBSA-Fort Sam Houston.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.59mdw.af.mil/
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- HCW has a working knowledge of ocular terminology and basic medical terminology.
- HCW must have assessed and documented the following clinical screening tasks with proficiency within the last 12 months: ocular case history, routine vitals to include blood pressure, patient pain level, patient's chief complaint, patient's visual acuity (distance and near), intraocular pressure (by Tonopen and Applanation tonometry), lensometry, stereo-testing(depth perception), color vision testing, auto-refraction, manual refractions, pupillary screening, ocular motility screening, confrontational fields, anterior chamber angles and identify defects using the slip lamp, instills dilation drops, and glasses prescription checks.
- HCW must have performed the following clinical ancillary testing tasks with proficiency within the last 12 months: Humphrey Visual Field testing, Cone Contrast Testing (CCT), Brightness Acuity Testing (BAT), Corneal Topography (TOPO), Pent-a-cam, and IOL Master.
- Instruct patients concerning eye care and contact lens handling.
- Prepares patients and performs as surgical assistant in all types of ophthalmic surgery and/or minor surgical procedures as required.
- Orders and maintains ophthalmologic medications, supplies and equipment for use by the physician. Perform routine checks of medications and sterile instrument packs for expiration dates.
- Maintains and performs required periodic calibration checks on surgical instruments and equipment. Perform user maintenance checks on specialized clinic and surgical equipment. Perform calibration checks on clinical diagnostic equipment and documents such calibration according to specification listed on equipment.
- Assists in administrative/clinical duties when not actively working in patient care, to include maintaining cleanliness per infection control MDWI 44-157. Performs inventory weekly or as needed.
- Degree/Education: High school graduate.
- Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support:Possess and maintain current certification as a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) or Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) or Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technologist (COMT) by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO).
- Three years of experience as an Ophthalmic Technician/Technologist after COA certification from JCAHPO in a Large Ophthalmic Practice (5 ophthalmologists or more).
- Five years of experience as an Ophthalmic Technician/Technologist after COA certification from JCAHPO in a Small Ophthalmic Practice (4 ophthalmologists or less).
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen.
- Current physical and immunizations.
- Previous experience working with the military population.
Work Location, Hours, and Physical Requirements:
- Physical Requirements:Youmust be on the premises toperformthe job. The environment is fast-paced and multifaceted, with conditions and duties that can change quickly throughout a shift.
- Normal Duty Hours/Shifts:The MTF hours of performance are 0600 through 1800 Monday through Friday
- Scheduling:Normal hours of operation are 0700 through 1700 with a 1-hour non-paid lunch each day, not to exceed 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, deviations to these times will be only as authorized by the contracting officer representative and/or a contracting officer.
QuarterLineConsulting Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Vets Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer,QuarterLineis committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. If you are unable to use our online tools to search and/or apply for jobs due to a disability, please emailto request accommodation.