Auto Plus is a leading automotive aftermarket parts distributor in the US. We bring together unmatched expertise with best-in-class parts and customer service for the most reliable automotive aftermarket parts store experience. Headquartered in Kennesaw, Georgia, Auto Plus has more than 8,000 Team Members with decades of experience in the automotive aftermarket industry, united to deliver on our Auto Plus Promise: We exceed expectations with expertise at every turn. Auto Plus has more than 1,000 locations, including corporate-owned stores, independent Auto Plus member locations and commercial parts-focused Pep Boys retail stores, and 21 distribution centers. We aspire to be the most trusted business partner and employer in the automotive aftermarket.
The Retail Sales Specialist will provide superior customer service and assist in driving store sales across the commercial, retail, and hard parts business. Provide essential task support by partnering with management to make certain that merchandising levels are optimal, inventory control programs are strictly adhered to, pricing modifications are processed timely, and the parts room is maintained to company standards. Direct responsibility for the parts area and play an integral role in general store operations. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Store Manager of Parts, oversee store merchandising activities, maintain standards of appearance, and coordinate and cooperate with associates in the execution of plan-o-grams, overall product presentation, inventory management, pricing, signage and various product initiatives to enhance the customer experience and maximize inventory turns.
- Responsible for all aspects of the store's hard parts inventory, parts counter, stock area, and tire room. This includes oversight of proper inventory levels, coordinating with the service and commercial teams for seamless parts delivery, and promptly reacting to the needs of our internal and external customers; measured through various reporting tools, periodic assessments, and management feedback.
- Manage the effective operation of the parts area in order to exceed expected sales goals of hard parts to retail, commercial and service customers. Strictly adhere to inventory control programs, in-stock standards, reduction in outside parts purchases through secondary vendors, and mark-up maintenance of special order merchandise.
- Handle the recording and maintaining of DIY warranty registration for parts and monitors lost sales resulting from out of stock situations and sales activity of special order parts not included in merchandise assortment.
- Under the direction of the Store Manager of Parts, participates in truck-day operations, cycle counts, audits, and organization of the back room.
- Responsible for seamless parts delivery; promptly reacts to the needs of our internal and external customers.
- Effectively communicate with all store associates, management, and customers.
- Key holder and responsible for basic and detailed opening and closing responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Valid Driver's License is required.
- Related experience in the automotive service environment is preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions. Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commissions and discounts.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Weekends, Holidays.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock merchandise.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
Days, Nights, Weekend, Holidays
PBY CA Ventura-00692