Project Manager Color/Kits/Holiday, Global Packaging Design Operations
The Project Manager, Global Packaging Design Operations, reporting to the Director, will collaborate with Global Design, Global Creative & Copy, Global Brand, Packaging Engineering and Artwork Production, as well as external vendors and cross-functional stakeholders to scope, plan, manage, and drive all steps in the new and change management product development lifecycle. He or she will be responsible for managing and maintaining multiple, simultaneous creative projects--many of which can be complex in nature-ensuring adherence to project management and production best practices.
- This is a hands-on project management role; expected to develop end to end (E2E), track and manage detailed project level timelines and critical path schedules.
- A Business Process Driver - empowered to properly assess the projects' design objectives, complexity level and develops the best strategic path forward for efficiency and success.
- Focus is on upstream global packaging design development process for COLOR/KITS & HOLIDAY graphic packaging and labeling content creation. Working from project kick-off through define, design and development stages, ensuring a seamless transition of management approved final design for artwork execution.
- Being a neutral cross-functional process driver. Acts as primary contact between Global Packaging Design, Global Creative (Photography, Retouching & Copy), external Production studio and business teams Global Brand, Packaging Engineering, OPD, to coordinate timelines, provide required documents, follow-up on outstanding deliverables and ensure flawless, timely execution.
- Work closely with Director to understand scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan and timing for new initiatives; responsible for creating and maintaining comprehensive project status tools.
- Develop timelines and manage orderly flow of creative projects from initial scoping, Packaging Design reviews and approval workflow to creative assets handover to outside agency for artwork production.
- Assess Packaging Design and Change management briefs for project parameters and kickoff to Design team, including plans with designer the type of asset needed at assessment (ie CGI, photoreal, illustrations).
- Break down projects into actionable steps hold key stakeholders accountable. Problem-solve obstacles to execution of work requests. Negotiate new time schedules as needed.
- Ensure project specs are communicated to the creatives and manage the day-to-day workflow on assigned project including dielines, tech drawings, prelim and final copy, translations, submissions, etc.
- Manage process of creative deliverables for artwork development. Review and confirm accuracy of all artwork assets including die lines, codes, copy, foreign language translations, color, print specs &photography.
- Manage the process of turnovers and submissions including Design Directions (DTO), match prints, draw downs, etc.
- Lead, manage, schedule and attend project-related meetings including kickoffs, Bi-weekly Cross-functional status, brainstorms, ensure the right people are seeing the right things
- Manage the process of comps needs for business partners supporting key initiatives including Regional meetings and Visual Merchandising.
- Monitor and manage scope by ensuring changes are documented, prioritized, approved and reported to all business teams and stakeholders; must be able to help stakeholders quantify scope changes in terms of time and resource implications.
- Regularly communicates and presents project schedules, statuses, and updates to various team members ranging from junior to Executive level, always tailoring communication and bringing solutions/opportunities.
You'll Need to Have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Minimum 5 years of design project management experience specifically in Beauty/Cosmetics package design, asset development, copy and artwork production.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects through prioritization, planning, and delegation under tight deadlines
- Strong project management, organizational, and problem solving/troubleshooting abilities with a can do, self-starter attitude.
- Tenacity in follow-through, owning and guiding any type of project from infancy to execution
- Proactively problem-solve and push work through, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Excellent attention to detail, possess excellent time management and ability to plan for all eventualities and provide solutions to issues
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), strong interpersonal and team facilitation skills are required.
- Collaborative, proactive, and energetic with ability to motivate teams to produce quality work on time
- Proven ability to foster and manage relationships and drive process
- A cool, calm and collected approach to problem solving
- Ability to thrive and remain agile in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Must be proficient in MAC, Microsoft Suite with Adobe Creative Suite, and artwork management software