Execute on individual sales and service metrics to help the banking center achieve the strategic and tactical plans of the company. Provide high quality customer service by accurately and efficiently completing bank transactions while mitigating risk by following operational procedures as well as identifying products and services to meet the current and future financial needs of bank customers. Exceed personal production goals while delivering a meaningful customer experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality customer service within the banking centers.
- Respond to customer requests of everyday monetary banking transactions and process these according to regulations, bank policies and procedures in an accurate and timely manner i.e. cashing checks, deposits, loan payments, change orders and night deposits.
- Accept payments for various types of loans.
- Process non-monetary requests and transactions for customers i.e. stop payments, revocations, address changes, money orders, cashier's checks, debit cards, check and deposit slip orders within scope of authority.
- Mitigate customer attrition by working with the Banking Center Management team to process customer requests to close checking and savings accounts.
- Resolve customer inquiries and problems within scope of authority while proactively using service to sales techniques to provide financial solutions to meet the customer's current needs.
- Use feedback from Customer Service surveys to continually build customer loyalty and customer advocates.
- Contribute to overall banking center operation at each assigned location.
- Balance cash, daily transactions, TCR, vault and ATM.
- Understand and ensure compliance for regulations and reporting, including but not limited to: BSA, OFAC, CIP, etc.
- Comply with information security policy and customer verification procedures to protect customer privacy.
- Adhere to and participate in completing the branch daily security checklist. Assist with opening and closing banking center.
- Actively participate in a high performing sales environment by seeking opportunities to cross-sell bank products, make customer referrals in response to identified customer needs and other activities to support the scorecard goals.
- Utilize the system to proactively recommend prompted products and service to the customer.
- Proactively participate in teleconsulting activities to drive business results.
- Be knowledgeable of all bank products and support the whole bank by making partner referrals.
- Exceed individual sales goals and actively participate to help the banking center exceed scorecard goals.
- Fully engage in the sales management process, including but not limited to daily huddles, weekly sales meetings, touch bases and coaching sessions.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures in the Banking Center Manual.
- Attend and/or complete applicable and required training sessions.
- High performing individuals may serve as a Banking Center Mentor.
- Open new accounts while training for advancement opportunities or serving as a backup role in the banking center.
Education - High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience - Three (3) months of cash handling, selling products or services or related experience.
Travel - Extensive travel required, must have the ability to travel daily to banking centers within assigned region.
Valid driver's license and transportation.
Other - None.
Demonstrated ability to sell and cross-sell bank products and services.
Experience working as a Teller or similar bank role.
High School (required)
Three (3) months of cash handling, selling products or services or related experience. (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
First Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant (M/F/D/V).