The Laser Application Engineer will work with state of the art laser processing equipment, as well as the latest in robotics and machine tool technology. The ideal applicant is a hands-on person who enjoys working with machinery and electronics. Additionally, a good work ethic and strong interpersonal skills are required since the position involves daily contact with IPG customers.
- Customer service focused skills; strong professional communications, negotiation, and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstration and applications processing development; IPG locations, customer locations, trade shows and conferences. Up to 15% travel.
- Set up & operation of robotic & CNC laser welding / cutting /drilling equipment for customer application testing
- Perform inspection of samples, including optical microscopy and metallographic cross sectioning, polishing for weld inspection
- Documentation of test results in electronic reports
- Responsible for maintenance of lab equipment
- Support of engineering development activities, sales support and customer applications development and support
- Demonstrate laser system specifications for customer
- BS Engineering degree
- +3 years experience in similar role
- Background in electronics, machine or manufacturing technology
- Experience with CAD/CAM, CNC or robotic system programming
- Previous industrial laser applications experience a plus
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22C.F.R. *120.15 are required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, asylee. License exception Technology and software under restriction (TSR) defined in 15 CFR 740.6 may permit person from Country Group B.
The following link will take you to the government site with the list of Country Group B:
46695 Magellan Drive, Novi, Michigan 48377
"Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action M/F D/V
IPG Photonics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. All employment decisions and personnel actions at IPG Photonics are administered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, qualified mental or physical disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic carrier status, any veteran status, any military service, any application for any military service, or any other category or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. IPG Photonics Corporation provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact (508) 506-2527 or email HR.Accommodations@ipgphotonics.com opens an email client applicationto request assistance. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to.