Jensen Hughes has a newly created position for an experienced Energy Storage Systems Engineer/Consultant. The position can be located in Baltimore, Maryland, California or anywhere in the US. With over 20 years of battery testing and ESS safety system design experience, Jensen Hughes is a leader in R&D and application engineering and consulting for the growing, dynamic ESS industry. As a leading global fire protection firm, we are looking for new team members that are well-versed in ESS technology and application relative to design, code compliance, hazard analysis, hazard mitigation, and emergency response planning. We are particularly interested in individuals who can lead projects and work with a diverse team of consultants.Since 1939, we have been at the leading edge of safety, security and risk-based engineering and consulting, serving the most complex global projects. In addition, we pride ourselves on driving code and standard development and adoption throughout the world and across industries. We planted our roots with a commitment to earning your trust and protecting lives, property and reputation. Today, we continue to work at the forefront of the professional services industry in safety, security and risk-based science, engineering and consulting. Our Company Purpose + Principles honor our past while looking to the future. The range of services we provide are how we achieve our Purpose: to make our world safe, secure and resilient. This Purpose and commitments within each of four Principles (People, Industry, Clients, Performance) reflect our company culture and how we serve our clients within the world we work and live today.
Plan and execute ESS activities as part of project team. Conduct engineering assessments in ESS technology and application relative to design, code compliance, hazard analysis, hazard mitigation, and emergency response planning. Prepare and present technical reports and presentations. Manage client expectations and relationships through clear and thoughtful communication and assist team members in doing the same. Maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues to complete tasks on time and on budget. Undertake independent research and/or training to enhance existing services and/or fill-in gaps in knowledge, expertise and/or skills. Other engineering/consulting services that align with our broad scope of offerings.
* Five (5) or more years of experience in technical services, project management, or consulting in Energy Storage systems * Advanced Degree from a credited university in a related technical discipline.
* Demonstrated knowledge of ESS technology and application relative to design, code compliance, hazard analysis, hazard mitigation, and emergency response planning.
* Demonstrated knowledge of the energy storage industry and good networking skills. * Ability to think innovatively and drive solutions based on technically sound principles.
* Excellent report writing, oral communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to present clear and technically sound engineering strategies and other consulting products to a range of audiences.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Professional Engineering License preferred.