Olin Chlor Alkali Products & Vinyls, a division of Olin Corporation, is seeking aMechanical Equipment Inspector. This position will belocated at theNiagara Falls, NY manufacturing site. This position is responsible for developing, performing, and managing equipment and infrastructure inspection and managing repairs including but not limited topressure vessels, tanks, piping, paint, and structural steel.
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin is the world's leading producer ofchlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
- Develop pressure vessel, tank, piping, paint, structural steel, and other inspection processes.
- Possess and continually develop expertise in predictive maintenance technologies relating to inspection processes such as NDT techniques, visual inspection techniques, material thickness measurements, infrared thermography, alloy analyzers, etc. Utilize these technologies to improve equipment reliability
- Work with Engineers on PSM implementation, i.e., work practices, design and repair standards, management of change, etc. Develop and/or support all aspects of the Mechanical Integrity program for the site.
- Perform inspections, evaluate equipment conditions, and repair requirements, remaining life of equipment, and document in a formal reporting process.
- Perform QA inspections of new and or repaired parts and equipment. Document as required.
- Provide independent quality control of in house and outside contract inspection, repair, and fabricator services.
- Assist with department budgeting and expenditure forecasting related to MI inspections.
- Assist in tracking metrics and generating the monthly reports for area of responsibility.
- Assist maintenance and operations personnel by troubleshooting and resolving equipment problems as necessary.
- Provide input into capital budget to drive improved reliability.
- Proactively identify development opportunities to build reliability expertise both personally and within department.
- Identify, initiate, coordinate and complete maintenance improvement opportunities.
- Develop Reliability Centered maintenance processes.
- Support Maintenance Excellence initiatives.
- Cooperate with maintenance and development projects to attain maximum efficiency in operations and minimize outages of equipment.
- Follow all plant operating and safety policies and procedures to make on-the-job decisions to permit safe and efficient operations of the area and the overall plant, according to specified and delegated authority.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years mechanical inspection experience;experience within maintenance in a chemical manufacturing environment preferred.
- Certification in various technical skills (UT, PT, VT, to at least Level I, Infrared Thermography, etc.) required or the ability to become certified.
- API certifications for Pressure Vessels, Process Piping and Storage tanks required or the ability to become certified.
- Knowledge of Engineering codes and standards such as ASME, API, ANSI, OSHA PSM, ASNT, etc.
- Must have basic computer skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Experience with SAP PM and other maintenance scheduling tools preferred.
- Understanding of company and industrial design and repair standards and maintenance practices.
- Must be able to digest and disseminate written information and make numerical calculations sufficiently well to perform assigned general and specific duties and responsibilities.
- Proactive problem solving approach focused on action.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills - work with multiple departments to solve problems.
- Must meet the physical requirements including, butnot limited to,climbing stairs and ladders and Confined Space Entry.
- Must be able to pass fit test for full and half face respirators.
- Occasional travel required
*Olin does not provide any form of sponsorship to applicants not authorized to work in the US.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.