Job Title:Program Planner, Global Supply Chain
JOIN THE TEAM THAT'S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For over 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we're driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis, IN for a Program Planner, Global Supply Chain.
Learn more about this role and how you can begindriving your career forward!
- Direct, coordinate and assist in the planning, organization, control, integration of supply chain based activities for new program launches.
- Assist Program Planners / Managers in developing advanced preliminary feasibility & cost studies with limited input for potential new programs using past experience and knowledge of comparable existing programs.
- Maintain role with cross-functional teams to ensure a successful launch of new programs while adhering to company quality & safety guidelines.
- Design, implement, and monitor GSC lean manufacturing and total productive maintenance techniques consistent with Allison's overall operational excellence manufacturing system.
- Review & sustain GSC owned standard procedures.
- Review & sustain GSC owned work instructions & operating procedures.
- Lead GSC organization in compliance activities associated with IATF16949 requirements.
- Meet budget commitment and control costs
- Bachelor's Degree in or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Global Supply Chain / Operations function.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP planning and scheduling systems.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills; efficient in MS office; Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project and Visio
- Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Very high level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Be able to work with little direction (other than standard procedures), and be dedicated to achieving results.
- Effective in directing, motivating, and guiding others toward task accomplishments.
- Understanding of safety and environmental practices.
- Understanding of quality control procedures.
- Project management experience.
- Experience implementing and monitoring lean material principles, and training others.
- Understanding IATF16949 quality system requirements.
- Master' Degree preferred.
- APICS Certification preferred.
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance and/or reasonable accommodations reviewing any of the careers information, please contact us at 317-242-5000.
Please note that Allison Transmission will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Allison Transmission will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Primary Location:Indianapolis, IN
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status or any other protected class.