Torch Technologies, a 100% employee-owned company, is currently seeking to hire a Digital Engineer to serve as an integral member of a government/contractor team in support of our customer's operations organization. This position may provide support at the Suffolk Building, Mark Center and/or Pentagon spaces to facilitate interaction with government customers and stakeholders.
* Work on all aspects of systems hardware and software - from design and analysis to integration and testing.
* Prepare acquisition documents, generate system concept of operations and requirements documents, critique contractor produced preliminary design and segment requirements, and participate in system testing and integration using model-based systems engineering tools and techniques.
* Support digital engineering efforts on advanced systems, such as command and control elements and data processing systems.
* At least three years of recent experience integrating systems processes and/or software development methodologies, planning, designing, and analyzing functional system processes - either hardware or software-based systems.
* Demonstrated ability to devise solutions for complex problems that require in-depth analysis of tangible and intangible factors.
* Experience with the Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach to systems engineering
* Subject matter expert knowledge of advanced system concepts related to aerospace and/or spacecraft engineering and demonstrated experience with the development of proposals to meet customer requirements
* Experience working as a member of a multidisciplinary project team that may include engineers, scientists, designers, and technicians.
* Use strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to effectively collaborate in a team environment; present and explain technical information to colleagues, management, or sponsors.
* Understanding of multi-segmented system architecture utilizing tools such as MagicDraw, IBM Rational Rhapsody, Sparx Enterprise Architecture (EA) or Cameo EA Suite
* Understanding of versioning control and database management
* Understanding of frameworks such as Unified Architecture Framework (UAF), Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Tactical Open Government Architecture Framework (TOGAF) and languages such as Unified Modeling Language (UML) and System Modeling Language (SysML)
* Engineering experience with designing, assembling, or testing applicable military hardware
* Experience and a demonstrated record of success developing and implementing innovative solutions for a diverse range of highly complex multi-disciplinary problems and devising corrective actions where necessary.
* Proficient using systems engineering modeling tools (e.g. CORE, Cameo Systems Modeler, MagicDraw or MapleMBSE) to support system requirements, design, analysis, verification & validation, and continuing throughout development and later life-cycle phases.
* Clearance: DoD TS with SCI eligibility within the last 12 months. An active TS/SCI with polygraph is highly desired.
* Minimum Degree: Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of relevant professional experience. Master's degree in systems engineering or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and related experience is desired.