Terminal & Pipeline Operator
Work in a diverse and exciting work environment providing operations & maintenance activities at the jet fuel storage & distribution facilities supporting the Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL). As an essential energy and transportation worker, you will be involved in operating & maintaining jet fuel storage tanks and pipeline systems, which are deemed critical infrastructure for the State of Hawaii. Please note this is a Union position for a private entity and NOT a government position.
Only motivated individuals with a positive attitude, the ability to work in a team environment and have a passion for learning only need apply. Let us train you!
- Operates valves and manifolds for vessel off-loading and ensures required procedures are followed as required by the company and the United States Coast Guard (USCG).
- Operates valves and manifolds for product receipt via pipeline and ensures required procedures are followed as required by the company and the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA).
- Maintains department operations reports and records.
- Participates in emergency response activities, including actual spill cleanup as well as drills & exercises.
- Perform various security duties in compliance with United States Coast Guard (USCG), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requirements.
- Performs fuel quality control testing and inventory control procedures in compliance with company standards based on Air Transport Association of America (ATA) and American Petroleum Industry (API) requirements.
- Performs janitorial and ground maintenance functions.
- Complies with the Station's attendance/tardiness policy.
- Requires sampling, testing and cleanup of jet fuel, which has a fairly strong odor.
- Requires compliance with various Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements, including but not limited to confined space entry, hazardous waste operations and emergency response (HAZWOPER), fall protection, heat stress, back safety, hearing conservation, etc.
- Follows Best Management Practices (BMP's) in compliance with the company's Storm Water Pollution Control Plan (SWPCP) based on National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permits.
- This is a Union position that requires becoming a member of the Teamster's Airline, Aerospace and Allied Union Local 986.
- Includes a training period of approximately 4 to 6 months.