The ideal candidate for Cambria's Lead Copywriter position has spent a career working with high-profile companies being curious, challenging the norms, and bringing out the best in any story. The candidate must have vast experience writing for elevated brands and industries and have proficiency writing and engaging many audience types. This role focuses strongly on providing high-level concepts for the company through compelling narrative based on the project requirement. You must have experience writing for and working on print, web, email, social content, all digital, and other applicable collateral.
You will be heavily engaged in creative storytelling and creative problem-solving for the Cambria brand and also interacting with external writers. Our ideal candidate is a team-spirited, skilled, and imaginative writer with an attention to extreme detail. This role will work with others on the Marketing/Creative team to better understand project expectations, produce content with the needs of the client or employer in mind, participate in the brainstorming process, and conduct research to develop or support writing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leader of brand copywriting for the Cambria Creative team and Marketing liaison for all copy needs
- Create and edit original copy that is accurate, well-researched, and meets client/company needs and deadlines
- Partner closely with SVP, Brand to develop and manage brand copy, following guidelines and helping to define them
- Work closely with creative leadership to deliver compelling storytelling copy for projects with a focus on print and video, digital assets, and internal direction
- Write copy for headlines, body copy, long-form content, and digital (ads, web, social, blog, email)
- Engage with internal and external parties to understand content needs and deliver high-level results
- Conduct research to formulate ideas or support writing-strong research skills
- Learn about the target audience for copy
- Assist in other aspects of the creative or research processes to create cohesive, accurate content
- Write high-engagement social media content that reflects our brand's voice
- Collaborate with Marketing, PR, and Customer Experience to develop a variety of content marketing materials
- Produce error-free content that adheres to the company's style guidelines
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to business leaders
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating proficiency in ad writing, content writing, and digital/SEO abilities
- Experience writing copy for headlines, body copy, long-form content, and digital (ads, web, social, blog, email) and editorial experience a plus
- Mac proficient with understanding of Adobe Creative Suite CS, Microsoft Office, and general business software
- Experience designing for offset printing, including multipage publications; making ink and paper selection; managing offset print vendors; and attending press checks
- Familiarity with digital file formats to provide support to designers and front end web developers
- Self-starter, broad creative thinker with strong organizational and self-directing skills
- Ability to conduct research-often deeply
- Work well under time pressure on rapidly evolving projects
- A positive attitude and collaborative spirit
Education: BFA, BA, or BS in Communications or equivalent
Experience: 12+ years working experience writing copy in an agency or in-house creative environment
Physical Requirements: Office position requiring telephone and computer use. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds for displays, samples and other marketing materials
Cambria offers a competitive benefits package that encompasses your health and well-being, financial health, retirement planning and time-off.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For additional company information, please visit
We are an equal opportunity employer.
*The salary range associated with this job posting has not been provided by Cambria.