Deliver accurate and sustainable data management and reporting solutions; identify, develop and support implementation of process improvements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform advanced data profiling, modeling and business logic analysis and architect complex data management solutions to meet business requirements.
- Provide guidance and mentor BI teammates and other reporting users to maximize understanding and use of reporting technologies.
- Provide consultative services to management including, but not limited to, data analysis, data management, integration activities, data and system interconnectivity and design.
- Collaborate with business units to perform requirements analysis, project scoping, data analysis and business logic transformation.
- Collaborate with business units to analyze business processes and identify, develop and assist in the implementation of process improvement opportunities.
- Ensure enterprise report delivery works reliably for the business and is accurate, including but not limited to data analysis projects, reporting systems troubleshooting and supporting report and information delivery.
- Operate in alignment with reporting development lifecycle strategy and business intelligence governance framework.
- Build and interpret advanced T-SQL coding for reporting and other data management activities.
- Assist in the design and implementation of standards and procedures and ensure documentation of BI processes is consistently maintained according to best practices.
- Collaborate with IT Data Engineering to provide data and reporting solutions to satisfy business needs.
- Provide input on new technology that will have an impact on BI solutions, including but not limited to enterprise data warehouse and data mart enhancement opportunities.
- Completion of periodic attestations, controls, and performance procedures as required.
Education - Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems (MIS), business or a related field.
Experience - Over five (5) years of business intelligence, business analyst or related experience; plus
over three (3) years of report writing experience using SQL or similar technology
- Master's degree in computer science, management information systems (MIS), business or related field
- Business Intelligence or related certifications
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets
- Experience in finance, credit, risk or operations related data projects, specifically around data transformation
- Experience in banking or the financial services industry
Bachelors of Computer Science (required)
Over five (5) years of business intelligence, business analyst or related experience; plus over three (3) years of report writing experience using SQL or similar technology.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
First Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant (M/F/D/V).