Reports directly to the VP, Facilities Maintenance & Energy, and is the servant leader to the Region with dotted line reporting relationship to the Regional Vice President of Operations. The Regional Facility Service Director (RFSD) works through significant influence to accomplish accountabilities.
Accountable to actively drive improved technical capability, facility services leadership development, asset performance, and influence maintenance and energy spend to targeted levels through leading the implementation of Maintenance Excellence, Refrigeration Operation and Maintenance Excellence, Material Handling Maintenance Excellence, and Energy Excellence program requirements and compliance for the designated division/region. Additionally the RFSD is the National Pillar Leader for a specific area of Americold Operating Systems (AOS) technical component.
Provide the following to facilities in area of responsibility:
Relentlessly demonstrates commitment to the regions success by engaging teams to align support for and lead the deployment of AOS Maintenance Excellence, Refrigeration Operation and Maintenance Excellence, Material Handling Maintenance Excellence, and Energy Excellence programs according to strategy.
- Leads sites to create Facility Readiness Plans, and coaches Lead Facility Service Managers (LFSM) to be able to monitor and ensure adherence to all standard work processes by regularly auditing plants, providing feedback and supporting gap resolution to Facility Readiness Plans.
- Leads the implementation of shared maintenance best practices / lessons learned related to equipment and technical ownership, maintenance standards, and technical training of technicians.
- Work effectively with Regional & District Leadership Teams to develop the capability and leadership of technical teams through training, coaching, implementing and assessing Maintenance Process to deliver world class Maintenance Excellence standards in Maintenance, Refrigeration, Material Handling Equipment, and Energy programs.
- Supports site audits and institutes Daily Directional Setting and Leader Standardized Work.
- Ensures Americold procedures, policies, and safety rules are in place and being adhered to.
- Communicates and reinforces roles and responsibilities of the technical team and how they support the Americold Operating System strategies.
- Lead and manage the Regional Maintenance CapEx from Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring / Controlling, through to Closing Capital.
- Ability to assess current infrastructure conditions, equipment challenges, and ability of local teams, in order to validate project alignments to business requirements, feasibility of execution, risks, and alignment to overall Americold CapEx strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute scope management plan, cost management plan with demonstrated cost optimization, project schedule, resource management plan, communication plan, procurement management plan, quality management plan, change management plan, and risk management plan for the project life cycle.
- Participate and oversee regional budget development for capital expenditures related to maintenance and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure all expenditures remain within budgeted tolerances throughout the year
- Work with local teams to Monitor and Control project performance and CapEx process by ensuring appropriate cadence, identification of variances and establishment of corrective actions.
- Have an understanding and the ability to work through dynamic situations & collaborate with key stakeholders in unplanned, emergency situations, to reallocate planned budgeted capital projects that will 1.) Have minimal impact to high target capital investments, 2.) ensure all expenditures remain within budgeted tolerances
- Demonstrates the Technical/Engineering expertise to work with the sites to resolve reliability and equipment performance issues through formalized Reliability Centered Maintenance processes.
- Makes decisions based on feasibility studies and costing analysis from SAP data, Identify trends, solve problems, and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Using FMEA, PM Optimization & RCM methodology, lead Facility Service Managers to establish Asset Maintenance Plans for equipment
- Work across sites to analyze and prioritize opportunities with Bad Actors.
- Other duties as assigned.