Charter Manufacturing is a fourth-generation family-owned business where our will to grow drives us to do it better. Join the team and become part of our family!
At Charter Steel, our Customer Success Team is a high-profile team, working on the frontlines to grow our business through industry leading customer service. Investment in new products, growth into new markets and use of new software and technology has this team growing and there is an opportunity to join a team that is recognized across the industry for relentless customer service.
To support our continued customer success and customer experience goals Charter Steel is hiring a Customer Service Account Representative (CSAR). This key role will help us on our journey to leverage more business intelligence and analytics in our customer service processes while providing exceptional service to our customers. The CSAR is an advocate for our customers, partnering with sales, production and planning to manage the order lifecycle with our customers.
The Customer Service Account Representative will understand the product offerings, follow up on inquiries/quotes, manage inventory levels for applicable customer programs, and support shipping requirements. The CSAR will also ensure customer requirements are met through effective communication and accurate representation of information in all systems.
- Help Charter Steel leverage more business intelligence and analytics in our customer service processes.
- Provide the highest level of service to accommodate customer's needs.
- Develop strong working relationships and collaborate/work with other functional areas of the business to meet customer requirements.
- Proactively support the entire customer order/demand management process and monitor customer systems and maintain accurate information in the system for quotations, inquiries, orders, lead-times, and shipments
- Coordinate the entire flow of orders through all functional areas. Keep all departments apprised of changes.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the Account Manager to cohesively manage the complete order fulfillment process to insure customer satisfaction.
- Communicate directly with customers to coordinate changes in demand and monitor order availability.
- Resolve customer concerns and issues.
- Once product is released, coordinate shipments with logistics to ensure material is delivered on time.
- Develop a working knowledge of the business's manufacturing capabilities and product offerings.
- Actively participate on teams and in meetings to ensure processes and procedures are continuously improving.
- Ensure to meet all Charter Valued Behaviors and act upon them regularly.
- Manage customer forecasts and releases to meet customer requirements by monitoring internal inventory levels to ensure on time delivery
- Create and distribute performance reports to customers on a regular basis to continuously work on improving program performance measures
- Work within departments policies and procedures to ensure Charter's integrity.
- Associate's Degree or three years of experience in a customer facing role; sales, customer service, marketing.
- A track record of partnering with Sales and customers to increase customer dependency, customer satisfaction and overall customer success.
- Skilled in prioritizing highest critical tasks and an ability to plan steps to achieve objectives.
- Two years experience of using ERP systems/company database systems; entering and managing orders.
- Ability to solve problems and make sound decisions within set parameters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills requiring tact and discretion.
- Demonstrated customer service experience to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills to gather data from multiple sources and report findings.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Proficient in the advanced features of Microsoft Office software products; specifically excel and the ability to do customized reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of related industry experience in customer service, inside sales, or customer support role.
- Experience with CMR tools and practices.
- Experience managing customer service needs within defined customer service procedures.
- Experience with metric based customer service processes and management. Track record of over-achieving quota.
- Lead or have participated in customer service enhancement initiatives.
- Has a desire to pursue a career path in sales or marketing.
- Ability to understand and navigate effectively through an Oracle ERP system, query software, and customer portals.
- Experience in forecasting software.
- History of interacting directly with customers.
- Willingness to travel up to 10%.
CAREER LADDER:This role could grow within our Customer Success Team, Supply Chain Team, Finance Teams or grow into a Customer Service Manager role.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR SUPERVISION:
- Reports to: Customer Service Manager
- Managing customer forecasts effectively in order to manufacture and deliver product in a timely manner as well as minimize Charter Steel's exposure to excessive inventory.
- Continually improving upon our ability to meet reduced lead-times to customers.
- Understanding and balancing the external and internal customers and addressing difficult topics or issues directly.
- Focusing on superior customer service/relations when dealing with challenging personalities and situations.
- Exercising judgment to recommend products to customers within the limits of standard or accepted policies.
- Increasing productivity within the department by continually looking for ways to reduce time and non-value added effort to accomplish tasks.