Mechanics Bank is looking for a Part Time 16 Hour Universal Banker for our Santa Rosa, CA Branch.
In this role, with general supervision, you will have the opportunity toindependently processes the full range of client transactions accurately and according to established procedures. You will have the opportunity to learn how to open accounts, develop meaningful relationships with customers and how to troubleshoot complex transactions.
What you will do:
- Provides comprehensive deposit services to individuals and basic deposit services to fiduciary and businesses in a Retail Office.
- Opens new deposit accounts, promoting those that best meet the customer's needs and recommending the "next most likely products" to customers. Assists customers with account maintenance, on-line banking, and other basic account issues.
- Performs a variety of operational functions, as required.
- Maintains compliance with established internal operational standards and Federal and State regulations to protect the interests of the Bank and its clients. Completes required compliance training in a timely manner.
- Assesses customer's needs, and makes appropriate referrals to internal and external business partners.
- Accepts loan applications from clients, provides basic information regarding required documentation, and forwards applications to the appropriate employee.
- Assists Branch Manager and Customer Service Manager with all aspects of customer service and operations including transactions, work flow, deadlines, audit, compliance, client inquiries, and team member requests.
- May lead and direct the activities of Customer Service Representatives and other Universal Bankers.
Who you are:
- minimum of 1 year experience in a Bank.
- Knowledge of Bank deposit products and services.
- Knowledge of Bank's standard loan products.
- The ability to analyze and apply the individual and small business banking needs with specific Bank services and products.
- Knowledge of retail office operations.
- A basic knowledge of alternative Bank services and products and vendor provided products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service.
- Skill in attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to persuade, including the value and benefits of using the Bank's services and products.
- Knowledge of fundamental applicable Federal and state banking regulations.
Certifications, Licensing, Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
- May be required to secure a notary license.
- Mechanics Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or other bases prohibited by applicable law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.
- To learn more about Mechanics Bank's California privacy and security policies, including your right to a Notice At Collection as a California Resident, please visit