Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI tests for advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.Job Description
To support Guardant's leadership in disruption of cancer treatments, the Enterprise software team is looking for an experienced and energetic Senior Software Quality Engineer to help drive software quality and continuous integration for an exceptional customer experience. The Enterprise software team is a driven group of software engineers, QA, DevOps and IT specialists who are passionate about software technologies and strive for positively impacting patients lives through innovation and engineering excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Participate in requirements and design review meetings to create comprehensive test strategies/plans
* Design, create, enhance, and maintain detailed test cases and conduct hands-on testing, including integration testing
* Provide accurate planning, clear strategies, and milestones for testing leading to successful implementation and timely project completion
* Report, track and escalate anomalies discovered during testing (All testing phases) and ensure closure on issues
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure timely and robust execution of testing as part of a regular release schedule
* Provide coaching to other team members for designing test strategies and test cases
* Execute complex testing, perform in-depth statistical analysis, and interpret results independently
* Design, create, enhance, and maintain data simulators and automated testing framework to ensure excellent testing coverage
* Assist with defining and implementing software quality improvement initiatives
* Perform other duties as assignedQualifications
* You have the ability to understand system architecture, design, implementation and succinctly develop test approach and test cases to deliver high-quality results.
* You can work proactively, independently and as part of a team on multiple tasks and projects, and quickly learn new technologies
* Experience working in an agile, fast paced and highly technical environment.
* 5+ years of hands-on testing experience, including data-driven, full application testing,web-based applications including API testing
* 5+ years hands-on knowledge of programming and scripting languages such as Java, Ruby, Python, Shell
* 3+ years of working experience in testing and validating Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
* Hands-on knowledge of RDBMS (SQL or Oracle) and running software via the Linux command line
* Prior experience in automation tools like Selenium, Postman, SOAPUI, Fiddler, and/or Firebug
* Strong experience in writing, reviewing, updating, and maintaining test related documentation such as V&V Plan, Protocol, Report, Traceability Matrix, etc.
* Strong experience in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and testing of custom, complex business applications.
* Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and people skills
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum-like environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience working in a regulated environment (CLIA, HIPAA, SOX, and FDA) is a plus
* B.S or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Bioinformatics, or a related study or equivalent project experience
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.Additional Information
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please visit our career page at:
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our.