Position Title: Machine Operator Mechanic
Wage: $17.00-$20.00 per hour
Hours: 7:00am-3:00pm; 3:00pm-11:00pm; 11:00pm-7:00am
Work for an organization that is committed to a workplace where ideas, positive energy and teamwork foster success. Located in Hagerstown, MD this company is a privately held, custom blow molder manufacturer seeking Machine Operator Mechanics on all shifts.
DIRECT HIRE, $17-20 HR
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner (this includes wearing eye and hearing protection in designated areas).
- Perform housekeeping duties such as keeping floor clear of debris (scraps, blobs, and excess flash), cleaning machines in accordance with Third Party regulations.
- Start and stop equipment in a proper and safe manner.
- Complete the Q.C procedures outlined for this position.
- Properly clear equipment of bottles/boxes that have become jammed within the equipment.
- Make all mechanical adjustments to all equipment.
- Clean head tooling knife blades, and molds with the proper equipment and materials.
- Makes complete machine changeovers without any set-up aids (set-up sheets, cartridges, or saved programs).
- With direct supervision of Quality Control personnel help perform first piece quality checks (OFC, "T", "E", etc.) with the known bottle specifications, while completing the proper documentation to support findings.
- Maintains proper paperwork, logs and records (work orders, machine problems, settings, and changes) as required.
- Ensure that proper levels of materials (virgin and regrind) are being introduced to the equipment.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems (electrical, mechanical, hydraulics).
- Helps grind all out of spec containers.
- Ensure that regrind is properly packaged, identified, and stored for later usage.
- May be asked to complete set-ups/changeovers as required on equipment.
- Enter production quantities into the in-house computer inventory systems.
- Assist co-workers where needed.
- High school graduate or equivalent GED, and a demonstrated ability to read, write, and follow verbal and written instructions in English.
- Must have standard/metric mechanical tool set.
- Must complete 3-5 training classes, pertaining to job classification, within 90 days. These classes will be pre-arranged by organization.
- Must have completed all organization Certification programs.
- Requires constant visual attention; ability to discern flaws in containers.
- Operator must have positive attendance points to continue cross training program.
- Must know and be able to assist in the training of lower classification employees on the in-house computer inventory systems for production entries.
- Know Quality Control Orientation Program.
- Must have organization Forklift Certification.
Branch: Hagerstown MD
QPS Employment Group is a full-service staffing firm comprised of dedicated and passionate people with nearly 50 offices throughout the Midwest. We place great people with great companies in industrial, skilled trades, administrative, manufacturing, general labor and professional employment.
Why Work with QPS?
-Your choice of temporary, temp-to-hire, or direct-hire job opportunities
-Access to sought-after positions with leading employers
-Dedicated placement specialists who will guide you through every step of the job search process