At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity has a Solution Architect (SA) position available within the Automotive Division business unit. The SA will be responsible for promoting high speed Data Connectivity products by collaborating with customers to solve new design challenges, recommending products and solutions for new and existing applications to meet customer needs, and ensuring an extraordinary customer experience. The SA will provide technical expertise, design solutions, product application information, and general support for key stakeholders including chip manufacturers, OEM, Tier1, harness makers as well as Universities. The selected candidate will serve as a key interface between TE Connectivity's product management, sales and engineering organizations and our customers.SA will work on driving product market penetration, delivering TE's value proposition that will enable sustained growth and industry leadership for TE in high speed Automotive applications. SA will develop a strong vision for where market is going through Voice of Customer feedback, industry events and publications, and other sources. SA will utilize this knowledge to determine where TE can best align and intersect with market trends and needs and contribute to internal product and capability road-mapping activities.
This position operates out of our Troy, MI location.
- Penetrate customers' design cycle to be involved in the early stages of new product / platform planning
- Facilitate communication between TE and new technology providers (incl. semiconductor companies, start-ups, Universities) on development efforts and trends for current and next-gen data connectivity products
- Articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape to internal stakeholders
- Retrieve information from industry or standardization working groups on innovative solutions for Coax, Differential and Optical applications
- Coordinate project activities including fabrication of prototypes, simulation, testing & system level measurements
- Evaluate upcoming architectures & provide strategic input to Product Management for future high-speed data connectivity portfolio
- Provide technical assistance, customer training, technical advice, demonstrations, and presentations to introduce new products
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Define product specific value propositions
- Develop product roadmaps that aligns with business strategy
- Exercise thought leadership
- Develop deep customer and industry relationships with technical influencers and decision makers at key customers and focus market segments
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering required, Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years directly related experience in the Automotive Industry
- Solid knowledge and experience in high speed transmission techniques
- Experience working with Chip suppliers and global technology leaders for high speed Automotive applications
- Experience with terminal/ connector/ cable assembly technologies and the related manufacturing processes
- Experience in testing & measuring of wired & wireless high-speed components
- Excellent team player, aptitude to work cross functional as a member of a global team
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple conflicting tasks, make intelligent, timely decisions and solve problems independently
- Ability and willingness to travel as required
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivityis a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more atand on,,and.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups