Jensen Hughes has an exciting position in our Denver, CO office or another location for a Sr. Bio-Mechanical Engineer. The position could possibly be locatedelsewhere for a highly experienced candidate. The ideal candidate will haveexperience in performing analysis of injury mechanisms in accidents involving vehicles, consumer products, falls, and falling objects, the workplace, industrial environment and the recreational environment.The position calls for aprofessionalwithwell-rounded knowledge and experienceofmechanical systems, machinery, mechanisms and failures is important; past litigation support and expert witness testimony skills.
Since 1939, we have been at the leading edge of safety, security and risk-based engineering and consulting, serving the most complex global projects. In addition, we pride ourselves on driving code and standard development and adoption throughout the world and across industries. We planted our roots with a commitment to earning your trust and protecting lives, property and reputation. Today, we continue to work at the forefront of the professional services industry in safety, security and risk-based science, engineering and consulting. Our Company Purpose + Principles honor our past while looking to the future. The range of services we provide are how we achieve our Purpose: to make our world safe, secure and resilient. This Purpose and commitments within each of four Principles (People, Industry, Clients, Performance) reflect our company culture and how we serve our clients within the world we work and live today.
The successful candidate joins a team of dynamic and experienced forensic and multi-discipline consulting engineering and testing services. The Primary focus of this position is the analysis of human injury resulting from vehicular accidents, mechanical failures, falls, and falling objects, as well as industrial and recreational accidents. Responsibilities will include performing analysis of accidents and reviewing of material (e.g., photographs, witness statements, depositions, police reports, medical and chiropractic records) to provide logical conclusions. You must be able to identify and apply pertinent research literature and government regulations. Conduct field evaluations and provide oral and written reports of findings. Provide expert witness testimony via depositions or in a court of law, as needed. Develop client relationships by providing and maintaining the company's high standard of customer service excellence and proactive client communications.
PE registration or the ability to obtain the appropriate registration through immediate reciprocity.
Work Experience and Additional Requirements
* Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering field is preferred, but a mix of experience and education will be considered. Knowledge of mechanical systems, machinery, mechanisms and failures is a plus
* Minimum of 2 years' in the field of biomechanics consulting is required
* Extensive knowledge of biomechanical analysis of human motion
* Excellent creative problem solving ability
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* Strong technical background and knowledge in the areas of human tolerance, kinematics and dynamics, and theoretical modeling as it is applied to humans
* Ability to work independently as well as lead and work in multidisciplinary teams