The Marketing Events Manager is responsible for all Pontoon events and campaigns from concept to fulfillment. Delivers measurable marketing events and campaigns on time, within budget and to a consistently high quality. Takes a global and proactive approach and engages with the global & regional leadership. Acts as a marketing subject matter expert to maximize opportunities to build the Pontoon brand, generate qualified leads and nurture existing client relationships.
This role works closely with Global Marketing colleagues in thought leadership, digital marketing, PR and internal communications to develop and manage integrated events and campaigns to include conferences, client and supplier events, webinars, executive roundtable events, corporate summits and programs, and internal events including townhalls and kickoffs. This role is an integral member of the wider marketing team, collaborating in both the planning and execution of global marketing strategies.
* Fully owns the strategy of events, from targeting audiences, understanding the competitive landscape and developing and implementing the corresponding event plan, including: subject matter expert identification, materials creation, staffing, on-site set-up and day of management, online platforms and logistics.
* Ensures that the branding and messaging in marketing materials are optimized across multiple channels and is consistent with strategic objectives.
* Develops audience acquisition plans and execute promotional campaigns to drive attendance to events, in collaboration with sales, PR, social media and marketing automation.
* Manages budgets, participates in vendor contract negotiations and establishes measurable objectives and success criteria, including pre-event promotions and post-event evaluations and ROI analysis.
* Continuously reports of plans, recommendations and results to Marketing team and senior leadership.
* Maintains a solid understanding of how events and campaigns align with the overall marketing and communications strategy of a global organization.
* Repurposes and repackages content to create "events/campaigns in a box" that can be deployed across different regions, verticals and lines of business.
* Develops standard event and campaign planning materials that can be easily adopted and used by non-marketing colleagues in the field.
* Coordinates with subject matter experts to write event abstracts and creates required content and material.
* Creates and maintains a yearly corporate calendar.
* Creates a repository on the company intranet for all relevant events/campaign materials.
* Provides expertise and insight on marketing trends, registration trends, tools, and processes to evolve the company's programs and event.
* Sources external speaking engagements.
* Preps colleagues for speaking roles including support with content, talking points, and design.
* Works closely with internal communications for consistent internal and external communications.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field.
Minimum 5 years' experience in event marketing, field marketing, demand gen or campaign marketing role in a B2B organization (preferably large global).
Marketing automation platform experience (Marketo, HubSpot, Eloqua), preferred but not required.
Experience with Teams Live Events, Zoom webinar, and Vimeo streaming.
Experience with WordPress preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Skilled in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to travel 15% of time for event production and coordination.
* Knowledge of best practices in B2B demand generation, lead nurturing and lead conversion.
* Ability to manage multiple projects, challenges and meet tight deadlines.
* Ability to work autonomously (self-starter).
* Excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Able to interact and communicate with all levels of staff and management.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.