Hillrom is a $2.8B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hillrom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.
SAFETY: At Hillrom, safety is our highest priority, and we follow WHO and CDC guidelines, as well as our own policies, to provide a healthy and safe environment for our employees. Our processes and procedures to keep our teams safe include social-distance-friendly break spaces, hand-washing stations and personal protective equipment.
Perform a range of repetitive assembly and/or solder operations at assigned workstations using hand and power tools to assemble various products and sub-assemblies. Move completed assembly to designated areas. Move stock to and from workstations, stock racks and holding areas. May be required to rack and unrack parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Other duties may be assigned:
- Follow instructions and procedures to assemble various parts and components in prescribed sequence and location.
- Visually check and inspect work to insure proper quality.
- Perform all adjustments, rework and repairs as necessary.
- Test for quality as required.
- Responsible for both quality and quantity of work.
- Participate in team activities and problem solving sessions as required.
- Communicate problems and/or solutions to appropriate team member.
- Must follow all processes and procedures as written.
- As needed, document and/or chart production data to aid in problem identification, quality feedback and production scheduling.
- Assist other team members in their duties to ensure a quality product and smooth flow.
- Troubleshoot problems when necessary.
- Train, instruct, and assist other operators as required.
- Evaluate defective material and tooling, faulty operations, questionable conditions and potential work stoppages.
- Advise and recommend alternatives to appropriate person. (May require the use of computer and telecommunication device.)
- Ensure that work area and equipment are maintained in a clean, orderly, and safe condition.
- Follow prescribed safety regulations.
- The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
- The inclusion of which would be in conformity with the factor degrees assigned to this job.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Hillrom is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Hillrom is an equal employment employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Please click https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf To view the EEO is the Law poster.