Briggs & Stratton, LLC / Billy Goat, located in Lee's Summit, Missouri, is a leading and innovative manufacturer of outdoor power equipment. We specialize in the design and manufacture of machines in three product groups: Debris Management (vacuums, blowers, and debris loaders), Lawn Renovation, and Brush Cutters. We have an immediate opening for a full time 2nd Shift Assembly Operator to support our Assembly department.
Work Hours: 4:45 pm. – 3:15 am., Monday – Thursday. Overtime is required at various times during the year. Starting rate of pay: $14.00/hour plus $.70 per hour shift differential with opportunity to test for higher levels and pay. Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Performs repetitive bench or line assembly operations to produce Billy Goat outdoor power machinery products such as vacuums, blowers, renovation, & mowing equipment by performing the following duties. Also requires flexibility to assist in other production departments if requested.
• Works on an assembly line as a team member, performing various tasks as various models of product move along line.
• Utilizes operator's process manual for model to be assembled. Performs a variety of complex assembly tasks. Takes direction from Lead Person and senior department personnel.
• Reviews work order instructions for details and information specific to the model being assembled.
• Bolts, clips, screws, cements, or otherwise fastens parts together in relationship to each other in accordance with the process manual and work order instructions.
• Works at different operator stations and on different assembly lines as production needs require. This may also include boxing finished machines.
• Meets department standards for efficiency, productivity, and quality.
• Maintains punctual and regular attendance for regularly scheduled work hours.
Briggs & Stratton, LLC, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world's largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America's number one marketer of pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of power generation, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton, Simplicity, Snapper, Snapper Pro Ferris, PowerBoss, Allmand, Billy Goat, Murray, Branco and Victa brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton, LLC is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.