Are you interested in seasonal work and looking to #ServeYourState?
We are seeking passionate leaders to join us for the 2021 term!
The , Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (), Bureau of Outdoor Recreation, State Parks Division is currently seeking to fill multiple Seasonal Resource Assistantswith Mashamoquet Brook State Park based at in Thompson, CT.
Quaddick State Park
We are hiring forTicket Booth Attendants. In this role, you will provide general ticket booth services. Minimum Age: 16 (see additional details under "Examples of Duties")
Note: In addition to Quaddick State Park (Thompson), Mashamoquet Brook State Park (Pomfret) also provides staff support to Mansfield Hollow State Park in Mansfield, Nachaug State Forest in Eastford, and many in the northeast corner of the state.
Approximate Dates of Employment: mid-April - mid-September
Pay rates are $12.00 -14.00/hour, depending on relevant skills and experience. No benefits.
Length of positions: anticipated start dates vary by position and runs through the recreation season; anticipated duration is a maximum of 1030 hours.
Most positions are typically first shift, but other positions will be second or third shift. Typically positions are 5 days per week, and include mandatory weekend shifts.
For technical support regarding the filing of your application in JobAps, please contact: Samantha Wasef, , 860-937-6357.
For questions specific to this position, please contact: Matt Quinn,
CT DEEP encourages you to consider applying for at alternate locations as your application is under review.
These positions are non-competitive and open to the public.
Selected candidates must be fluent in English and be at least 16 years old.
Selected candidates must possess and maintain adequate physical flexibility, strength and stamina to perform the duties (including work outside in inclement weather, work outside for extended periods), and work well with other staff and members of the public.
Ticket Booth Attendant: Provides general ticket booth services. Rings up and accepts parking fees; sells season passes; greets Park visitors; provides directions; checks in buses; and answers questions about the Park, State Park rules and regulations, and the local area.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
1. Incumbents in this class who are assigned as supervisors of small recreational units will perform emergency first aid as needed and will be required to obtain and retain a Basic First Aid Certificate.
2. Incumbents in this class may be required for certain positions to meet any of the following:
a. Proof of possession of a valid Motor Vehicle Operator license.
b. Possession of a valid license to apply pesticides.
c. College training in a specific field.
d. Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification may be required by specific State facilities.
3. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must have and retain an American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguarding Certification (includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid). An EMT or MRT certification may be substituted for the CPR and First Aid requirements.
1. Incumbents in this class must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties of the class.
2. Incumbents performing lifeguard services must be able to demonstrate American Red Cross (ARC) waterfront lifeguarding swimming skills.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Connecticut is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women, minorities, and persons with disabilities.