Job Detail: McMillen Jacobs Associates has earned a reputation for outstanding Design/Build work with our customers around the world. We are currently seeking anexperienced CAD Drafter for water resources and heavy civil underground engineering projects. This position will be based in our Boise, ID office (preferred). The candidate will work directly with our engineering team to accurately prepare all aspects of CAD drawings and project documents on various engineering projects.
- Develop 3D models, detailed engineering drawings and documents based on sketches, redline markups and information based on verbal instructions and notes provided by designers and engineers.
- Produce fly-throughs of models for presentations.
- Work closely with project managers, engineers, designers and other technicians to complete tasks based on project specifications and requirements.
- Understand CAD requirements needed for different clients and ensure drafting/CAD standards, quality assurance and quality control procedures are followed during drawing planning and production.
- Associate's or Bachelor's (preferred) degree in accredited drafting program.
- 5-8years of experience working with various engineering design disciplines to produce schematic, design development and construction drawings. Experience with Civil and Mechanical disciplines are a plus.
- Proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD including, but not limited to, the use of the following: tool palettes, level/layer management, cells/blocks, external references, viewports, sheet layouts, standard use of model and paper space, drawing scales as they relate to text, dimensions, lines and viewports, annotative objects and styles, data shortcuts, file structures, sheet set management, plotting and plot scales, and pen tables.
- Proficient understanding of and proven ability to use clash detection and interference manager for 3D models.
- General knowledge of engineering mathematics and ability to perform basic engineering computations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and proven ability meet deadlines.
- Fundamental knowledge of Adobe and MS Office products.
- Effective communication skills, with an understanding of basic engineering terminology.
- Ability to develop and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
- Physical Requirements: Work assignments require long periods of sitting, usage of hands/fingers for typing and clicking a mouse, and extended periods of viewing multiple computer monitors.
- Workload: Must be able to manage multiple assignments, remain highly organized, and produce products at a fast pace, while maintaining high quality standards.
- Project Background: Preferred candidates will have worked on water treatment plants, pump stations, fish hatcheries, hydropower facilities, and dams.
McMillen Jacobs Associates is a full-service environmental, engineering, and construction firm in the water resources, hydropower, fisheries, transportation, and heavy civil underground markets. We are able to contribute to a project at the planning stage, navigate the regulatory requirements, develop a design, manage and self-perform construction, start-up, and commissioning.
McMillen Jacobs Associates is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all employment related decisions without race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.