FTE/Hours: FTE: 0.6
Salary:Typical starting range is $39.14/hr with a midpoint of $48.92 (based on years of relevant experience and preferred qualifications)
Asante is more than a great hospital system in an amazing location. We are a community of passionate providers and service-focused caregivers who collaborate to deliver amazing patient outcomes; a place where titles don't matter as much as your creativity, drive, and passion. Our culture, values and people create an environment of sustained medical excellence.
Asante Rogue Regional Medical Center is a 378-bed regional referral and trauma center featuring the latest medical technology and clinical expertise. The hospital team delivers nationally recognized heart and stroke care, orthopedic services, cancer care, and diabetes care, as well as a comprehensive range of key services including neurology and neurosurgery, bariatric surgery and rehabilitation services, in Southern Oregon. Our critical care units and behavioral health unit are progressive and provide evidence based, compassionate care. These areas are undergoing expansion of services and newly designed space.
You can see our many other quality awards and accolades at:
TheDischarge Planner/ Utilization Review Case Managermonitors utilization practices from preadmission to discharge to assure cost-effective utilization practices, quality patient care, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
As the Discharge Planner/ Utilization Review Case Manager at Asante you will have the opportunity to:
- Coordinate plans for discharges involving community resources and alternate levels of care to ensure timely and efficient case coordination in conjunction with members of the health care team.
- Bachelors degree in nursing,preferred
- 2 years' experience in an acute care setting OR 2 recent years of demonstrated utilization/case management experience in a recognized program.
- Preference will be given to candidates having both experience and education
- Ability to prioritize job responsibilities and organize workload
- Ability to function in a team environment with healthcare professionals
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills to effectively represent department to the public and interact with fellow team members, nursing/physician/ancillary staff, third-party payors and patients/families.
- Project management skills; technical support with computer skills; critical thinking; leadership attributes; problem solving skills; ability to gather data and report on findings preferred.
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensed by Oregon State Board of Nursing, required
- Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (BLS) certified through the American Heart Association (AHA),preferred
- Certified Case Manager (CCM),preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive starting wage
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, and wellness
- Excellent retirement package with up to 6% employer contribution
- Generous Earned Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement after one year of service
About Asante and Southern Oregon
Asante is a local, community owned and governed, not-for-profit organization that provides comprehensive health care services to more than 550,000 people in a nine-county area of Southern Oregon and Northern California. It includesAsante Ashland Community Hospitalin Ashland,Asante Rogue Regional Medical Centerin Medford,Asante Three Rivers Medical Centerin Grants Pass,Asante Physician Partnersthroughout the Rogue Valley, and additional health care partnerships. Virtually all medical specialties and services are represented within an organization dedicated to providing exceptional care. With over 5,000 employees, Asante's entities offer outstanding opportunities for career advancement and professional growth. At Asante your work positively impacts your family, friends, neighbors and the community. Experience the difference in how you work, how you live and how you connect.
At Asante we are defined by our values - traits that guide us as we serve patients and the community:
Excellence - Respect - Honesty - Service - Teamwork
Asante is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.