#1024 TECHNICAL SUPPORT
* At this time USDI is not sponsoring applicants for work visas*
Technical Support will review, analyze, and evaluate various systems of Automatic Transmission operation.
What you will do:
- Assist the department calibrators by taking on vehicle retrofit/repair garage work order coordination along with helping with instrumentation ordering/installation/checkout, trip support, new vehicle acquisition, vehicle maintenance, and vehicle decommission
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution
- Assist and perform advance root cause analysis
- Escalate problems to next level of support professionals when necessary
- Assist the calibration team with calibration validation and data collection
- Support as required coordinating vehicle logistics with local transmission suppliers (vehicle shuttling and vehicle shipping logistics)
- Support with procurement requests for vehicle replacement parts and some non-production instrumentation orders
- Located primarily in Auburn Hills, MI but will also be required to travel to Chelsea, MI occasionally
- Will be required to drive a company car; a valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 20%
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Technology or similar
- CDL operator license (or willingness/ability to acquire one) to facilitate HD Truck functional testing development when testing requires loads in excess of 26.001 lbs GVWR (vehicle and trailer) CDL will be used for local public road testing, Chelsea Proving Ground testing, and on environmental test trips
- Demonstrate excellent ability to support, review, analyze, and evaluate various systems operations
- Firm grasp of Microsoft office and Google office programs to support FCA instrumentation tracking and coordination and vehicle workorder logistics
- Experience with Web based issue tracking, data file retrieval (Control tec log files)
- Experience with INCA data collection, supporting ride/along issue capture with corporate FFB fleet custodians
- INCA instrumentation checkout, after garage install, to assure all channels are functioning prior to delivery of test properties to engineers. Can bus, pressure transducers, and flexplate torque meters
What you should do next:
Be Unique! Join us at USDI – Unique Systems Design, Inc.
We provide fast-to-market technical solutions by finding win-win relationships between our candidates and our customers.
We have been in the business of consulting our candidates and our customers for over 32 years and we specialize in technical challenges.
Let us put our vast experience to work for you and help you with the next step in your career journey.
*We appreciate all of our applicants, but we are unable to sponsor at this time*
Aleron companies; Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, Viaduct, and Aleron's strategic partner, SDI are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.