Business Unit:Cubic Transportation SystemsCompany Details:Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We're the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.Job Details:
Job Summary: The IT Asset Administrator will be involved in the management of software acquisitions, license compliance, maintenance renewals (hardware and software), system upgrades, life cycle planning and the management of associated systems. Additionally, the IT Asset Administrator will be responsible for ensuring configuration management data is maintained and appropriately configured. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively manages, engages and is responsible for every stage of IT Asset Management activities.
- Implements best practices within asset management toolsets for configuration management.
- Establishes policies and procedures for acquisition of IT assets.
- Collects information for budgeting, software compliance, inventory, contract summaries and cost comparisons.
- Maintains full details of software and hardware contracts and lead negotiations with Cubic vendors.
- Maintains OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) partnerships with applicable software and hardware manufacturers. Liaise with Contracts and Legal departments to establish new agreements and periodically update terms of existing agreements.
- Implements and maintains asset handling and asset lifecycle policies and procedures.
- Accurately and consistently forecasts project resource needs including hardware/software material and contract costs.
- Maintains configuration management data in conjunction with programs CMDB's (Configuration Management Database).
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four year college degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, plus a minimum of two years of experience, two years working with IT Asset Management software and at least one year of directly related technical expertise such as the configuration of a CMDB (ex. ServiceNow). Knowledge of ITSM (IT Service Management) methodologies and specifically in area of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library). IT Discovery Tools experience highly desirable. Must be able to handle multiple tasks and ensure proper follow up is maintained. Must be highly organized. Must have a high degree of computer software operational knowledge. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to produce reports and analysis for senior management review. Ability to analyze systems and processes and provide plans for improvement.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.Worker Type:Employee
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law