Citizenship: Must be a US Citizen
Clearance Required: Top Secret to Start
We are looking for a Security Specialist to guide and direct multi-disciplinary security functions for Azimuth's significant AFRL research and development contracts. This position is an on-base (embedded in government facility) Security Focal Point supporting multiple contracts, sub-contracts, and customers in performance of multiple government security functions, including personnel, facility, and documents.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Security Specialist will have a range of responsibilities that encompass all activity tied to the execution of research and development contracts and activities for our AFRL/RXAP customers and their partners. The Specialist will collaborate with Air Force, other DoD, Azimuth, and other contractor (on-site and off-site) personnel to drive excellent security posture and activity within the branch. The Specialist is highly relied upon by the branch to apply in-depth knowledge of Air Force security regulations, to be pro-active to prevent security lapses, and to pass security inspection/audit the first time, every time.
* Review of classified materials to ensure proper markings, including electronic media, and proper document/media destruction
* Courier duties (ensuring marking, package preparation, and transport/dissemination)
* Assist as custodian for classified safe storage/control
* Assist Contracting Officers' Representatives (CORs) for classified billet management and documentation
* Facilities planning and review for secure areas (Special Access Program Facility [SAPF] and Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility [SCIF])
* On-base Security Focal Point (SFP) for contract Visitor Group Security Agreement (VGSA)
* Planning/support of classified meetings and conferences, including above functions as well as overseeing/supporting day-of-event security assurance operations
* Support/preparation for annual inspections by Security Office and 88th ABW/IPD, including conducting self-audits or internal audits in preparation for inspection
* Adherence to DoD and Air Force manuals/instructions/regulations
Education, Experience and Skills
* A bachelor's degree strongly preferred
* At least 5 years experience in multiple security facets as listed.
* Must be experienced and responsible for performance in above areas, to include flexible non-personal security services in areas of classified material identification, labeling, personnel security requirements including training, identification, visit authorization, contractual documentation (e.g. DD 254s), Foreign visitor procedures/access, and research/purchase of security equipment. Other occasional/intermittent responsibilities may include supporting corporate security needs, including alternate for company personnel security clearance submission, maintenance, and tracking, training requirements, and facility clearance requirements. Must have experience in utilizing Industrial Security as it pertains to documentation handling and custodial duties, JPAS, ISFD, STEPP, corporate and government installation visitor group security administration, and security planning for classified meetings and conferences. Special Security knowledge and experience in SAP/SAR and SCI administration is required, even though the candidate's clearance does not specifically have to be at that access level.
Physical Requirements / Travel
* Work is in office and laboratory environments. Must be able to navigate multiple story facilities via staircases. Must be able to lift/carry up to 25 lbs without assistance. Must be able to maneuver in facility construction environments including for purposes of in-process facility inspection.
* Minimal travel would be required, <10% time, to CONUS locations.
Azimuth is an award-winning Woman Owned Small Business specializing in providing research and development and professional services support to the federal government. Azimuth's agility, customer driven approach and our commitment to our employees allows us to meet and exceed our client goals. Excellence, Integrity, Accountability, Community and Humility are the core values of Azimuth as we continue to strive as a recognized leader in the management consulting community that both federal agencies and industry partners value doing business with. We are an organization that offers both our employees and clients an exceptional experience; our culture will be contagious, while always maintaining a genuine reputation.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Azimuth Corporation does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.