If you have ever taken a flight from BWI Thurgood Marshall Airport;renewedyour Maryland driver's license; traveled to an Orioles game on the Light Rail; embarked on a cruise from the Port of Baltimore; received roadside assistance from CHART Emergency Patrol; reduced your commute time by using one of Maryland's toll roads; or applied for Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) certification, then you have experienced some of the superb services provided by the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT).
MDOT has various careers for people of all experiences, backgrounds, and abilities who come together to contribute to one mission-connecting our customers to life's opportunities. Join us in serving our Maryland residents, visitors, and businesses!
Employees in this classification may be eligible for student loan repayment. For more information, please visit:
MDOT offers a generous and competitive benefits package. You can learn about our amazing benefits here:
1. Applicants who are considered for work at the Maryland Aviation Administration are subject to an extensive pre-employment security background check as required by the Federal Aviation Administration, Federal Aviation Regulation Part 107.
2. Employees must be willing and available for duty at such hours, day or night, as may be required to maintain continuous operation of a facility and are subject to call-in.
3. Employees are required to maintain a reliable communication link for emergency call back requirements.
4. Employees who work with, or may be exposed to, hazardous materials such as asbestos, lead-based paint, or chromium, may be required to undergo periodic medical testing and may be required to pass hazardous materials training and can wear a respirator.
5. Applicants may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform maintenance work on high structures and in cramped quarters.
6. Employees in this classification are considered "Essential Employees" and must sign and agree to all policies and procedures relating to "Essential Employee" status.
7. Candidates will be subject to pre-employment drug testing in accordance with the Transportation Code of Maryland Regulations 11.02.11, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
8. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with the Transportation Code of Maryland Regulations 11.02.11, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
TO APPLY:You must complete a MDOT employment application (DTS-1) online to be considered for this recruitment. RESUMES CANNOT BE SUBSTITUTED FOR THE MDOT EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION. No paper applications will be accepted.
Selected candidates may be subject to background and reference checks.
You may apply online at:.
Appropriate auxiliary aids and services for qualified individuals with disability will be provided upon request. Please notify in advance. MD Relay Service Number (711). Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
IMPORTANT: Due to current operational limitations caused by COVID-19, we are only providing electronic notifications of your application status to the email address provided on the application. We will not send paper notifications, regardless of notification preference listed on the application. It is the applicant's sole responsibility to ensure the email address provided is accurate and the account is reviewed regularly. Timely attention to application notifications is important. Your email provider may have security levels which disrupt our email receipt. We suggest monitoring all email folders, including Spam or Junk, as needed. You can also access all notifications through your governmentjobs.com account.
The Maryland Department of Transportation is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa or providing an extension of an existing H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
Applicants who have education obtained outside of the U.S. will be required to provide proof of the equivalent U.S. education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service, such as the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services () or World Education Services: International Credential Evaluation (https://www.wes.org/).
The incumbent in this position may be a member of a covered bargaining unit.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.MDOT does not discriminate based on age, ancestry, color, creed, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, or sexual orientation.
Issue date: 12/8/20