Position Title:Endoscopic Technician - Adult Sterile ProcessingDepartment:Adult Sterile ProcessingJob Description:
Under immediate to general supervision, performs duties in the capacity of an Endoscopic Technician to assist with the endoscopic procedures performed in an operating or procedure room. Responsible for receiving, and distributing endoscopes for procedures.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position. Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
- Delivers audio-visual equipment in designated room/location
- Performs pre-cleaning of endoscopes at bedside or point of use/procedure room
- Maintains appropriate records for inventory reprocessed
- Monitor expirations dates of processed/disinfected scopes and reprocess expired scopes accordingly
- Performs equipment troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, and more complex repairs
- Ensures timely reprocessing of scopes to meet the needs of procedures
- Moves lights and flat panels to correct locations
- Operate Medivators Automated Endoscope Reprocessors Advantage Plus
- Perform duties in accordance to manufacturer's Instructions for use
- Sends in repairs for all equipment and obtains loaners
- Responsible for cleaning, decontamination, assembly, packaging and High level disinfecting of all endoscopes and bronchoscopes.
- Manipulates such instruments to aid in the efficiency of the endoscopist and avoid hazard to patient. Observes progress of endoscopy and provides additional instruments, supplies or other items as needed. *Recognizes and corrects breaks in sterile technique.
- Cleans and disinfects contaminated instruments, equipment and supplies.
- Cleans procedure room areas and disposes of soiled linen.
- May assist in the training of GI Technicians.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: None required. Associate's degree preferred.
Experience: 1 year of relevant healthcare experience or sterile processing experience or experience as a surgical technologists
OR and equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licensure/Certifications/Registrations Required: Technician certification from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) as a Certified Endoscopic Reprocessor (CER) or Certified Flexible Endoscope Reprocessor (CFER) within 6 months.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Current OU Medicine Employees - Please click HERE to login.OU Medicine, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including PTO, 401(k), medical and dental plans, and many more. We know that a total benefits and compensation package, designed to meet your specific needs both inside and outside of the work environment, create peace of mind for you and your family.
- Ability to write clearly and understand written and oral instructions.
- Ability to operate computer and other equipment required for the job.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to operate, maintain, troubleshoot and perform minor repairs to audio and video equipment.
- Ability to use audio/video equipment to record surgical procedures.
- Ability to operate Steris and autoclave equipment and to wrap instruments.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities.