- Compile documentation/data needed in order to perform a thorough case investigation. Prepare and document research, analysis, and investigation findings in the case management system in a concise and thorough manner. Perform timely investigations with well-reasoned and supported decision making of suspicious activity reports, including the recommendation of whether or not a SAR should be filed. Prepare FinCEN SAR form 111 including accurate data inputs and drafting descriptive but concise SAR narratives that describes the "who, what, where, when, why, and how.
- Utilize a variety of internal bank systems and external research tools to investigate, research, and prepare documentation related to anti-money laundering investigations or reviews consistent with resolution of the investigation/review.
- Process daily alerts generated from the Bank's BSA-AML software, including the identification of unusual/suspicious activity through reviewing/analyzing account activity; ensures a basic understanding of the relationship and characteristics of the customer to determine whether escalation for further investigation is required.
- Prior experience conducting case investigations, including the determination of SAR or no SAR decisioning, in a thorough or efficient manner; using the regulatory standards upheld by FinCEN preferred.
- Previous experience with Verafin or equivalent application required.
- Prior experience working with federal banking regulations and with transaction investigative tools required.
- Strong working knowledge of Fiserv operating systems or related bank platform software preferred.
High School (required)
1 years: Minimum 1 year in retail banking, which includes, processing customer transactions, new account opening, and/or bank retail operations. (required)
1 years: Minimum 1-year experience reviewing account activity or other transactions for unusual/suspicious activity, such as system alert reviews, EDD Reviews, or other internal reports including monetary instruments, wires, etc. required. (required)
2 years: Minimum 2 years' experience in AML/BSA required, which includes proficient working knowledge of the BSA, USA PATRIOT Act, and OFAC regulations or similar function, such as fraud prevention. (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Level One Bank is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran, committed to workplace diversity.