Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Centers for Disease Control, Chamblee, Georgia
Experience: Apprentice or Technical School graduate, or a combination of journey-level experience
Certification: 4th Class Power Engineering Operating Certification
Pay: $28.28/hour plus fringe benefit of $5.76
Hours: TBD, will include occasional weekend shift
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefit
- Disability Insurance
- Holidays and Vacation
- The Stationary Engineer operates and maintains one or more systems which provides services such as heat, air conditioning (cool, humidify, filter, and circulate air), refrigeration, steam or high-temperature water or electricity. Duties involve: Observing and interpreting readings on gauges, meters and charts which register various aspects of the system's operation, adjusting controls to insure safe and efficient operation of the system and to meet demands for the service provided; recording in logs various aspects of the system operation; keeping the engines, machinery and equipment of the system in good working order. Responsible for routine chiller maintenance of York chillers. Start, operate and stop machines according to factory-prescribed instructions and procedures. Utilize proper maintenance schedules according to factory recommendations and communicate maintenance requirement (such as punching tubes, oil sampling, evacuating and recovering refrigerant, etc.). Mechanic should have strong knowledge of boiler fundamentals, cycles and controls, particularly stressing routine day-to-day monitoring and system analysis. Refrigeration and lubrication cycles, Diagnostic and troubleshooting analysis using operating log data, control sequences, controls self-testing, controls diagnostics, proper condenser and chilled water treatments as well as maintaining cooling towers and water treatment.
Abilities/Skills/Knowledge Required by the Position
- Ability to climb and work at heights, walking and standing for extended periods of time, lifting, bending, pushing and moving objects up to 75 pounds. Interpret and work from plans, diagrams, blueprints, shop drawings, sketches and specifications. Operate specialized machinery, equipment and tools utilized in the repair and maintenance of power plant equipment.
Four Seasons Environmental, Inc. () is a 350-associate facilities management firm. Founded in 1985 and headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, FSE offers a very stable work environment. Our goal of 30 years remains the same: satisfy the customer and continuously improve. If you are looking for a nurturing company that puts the customer and the employee first, then please submit your resume for consideration.
- All resumes will be kept in strict confidence
- We are an institutional, commercial, full-facility operation and maintenance contractor and equal opportunity employer: including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities
In a corporate culture of positive reinforcement, we will produce excellence by continuously finding better ways to serve our client as we would wish to be served.
In a nurturing corporate climate where families are valued and continuous improvement is a way of life, we will treat our customer and our fellow employees as we would wish to be treated so that we will continue to be our customer's contractor of choice.
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- No relocation assistance is available
- Minimum age requirement is 18 years old
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing, background and reference checks