Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
This position is responsible for directing and overseeing the activities of the Drug Safety & Pharmacovigilance function and ensuring corporate compliance with all applicable US and foreign legal and regulatory requirements for adverse event reporting & safety management of medicinal products, both approved and in development. The Director, Safety & Pharmacovigilence provides medical oversight of all Pharmacovigilance issues of all phases of clinical trials and post-marketed reports to ensure subject safety and accurate interpretation of results. This position will report to the VP, Safety and Pharmacovigilence.
* Oversees the activities for monitoring adverse event reports for potential drug-safety related issues and provides recommendations when potential issues are identified.
* Provides leadership and assists in collaborations with Clinical Research & Development and Medical Affairs and applicable functional specialists to identify, evaluate and manage safety signals.
* Leads the development of signal management, safety surveillance and risk management plans for drug development programs.
* Provides leadership and assists in the preparation of expedited and aggregate safety reports (e.g., 15-day Alert Report, SUSAR, PSUR, US PADER, Annual Safety Report, DSUR, IND Annual Report etc).
* Provides expert functional advice as well as assistance to other functions as needed.
* Reviews, updates or writes company SOPs related to Pharmacovigilance and safety reporting to ensure their compliance with EMA, ICH, and FDA guidelines.
* Assists in the preparation and review of safety section(s) of investigator brochures, protocols, informed consent forms, statistical analysis plans, clinical study reports, NDA/BLA/CTD submissions and other.
* Facilitates and ensures communication with departments that may be involved with receiving, investigating, or reporting AEs.
* Collaborates with and provides pharmacovigilance guidance and support for interdepartmental and/or corporate initiatives.
* Collaborates with corporate partners in order to ensure proper exchange of drug-safety data.
Education, Experience & Skills
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information submitted will be subject to the terms of our .
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions' approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.