Torch Technologies, a 100% employee-owned company, is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Analyst to join a team currently developing virtual training devices. Candidates applying for this position will have the opportunity to apply their passion for interactive visualization products to training devices for soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines, and civilians using the latest visualization technology (including Unreal Engine, Oculus Rift, etc.).
The candidate will work as part of a team to test high-profile products that significantly reduce or eliminate the need for high-cost hardware trainers. The candidate must be able to work well both independently and within a multi-collaborative team environment.
- Perform functional, design, regression, and performance testing.
- Design, build, and maintain effective testing automation strategies.
- Develop general techniques and frameworks to identify flaws before they are introduced into production release.
- Understanding project documents, customer demands, and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Create and execute on test cases, scenarios, scripts, and procedures across multiple systems and disciplines.
- Document defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to teams.
Work with developments team to resolve defects.
- Understanding the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Researching test tools, methodologies, and trends and upgrading existing practices and processes.
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on multiple application platforms, such as Mobile, Desktop, and Web, and building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Investigating customer problems referred to you by the technical support team, testing bugs, and creating and managing bug reports.
- Support the management of the final quality on production release.