Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Document Management Analyst II
The September 11th Victim Compensation Fund (VCF) team is engaging in a Transformation effort to optimize the processes and systems that support the end-to-end process for claims filed by 9/11 victims or their families. The VCF Transformation Project (VTP) Assistant is a key role on the VTP team with responsibility for supporting the Project Delivery Lead and the Knowledge and Change Management Lead.
To be successful in the role, the Transformation Project Assistant (TPA) must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities; have demonstrated skill in taking initiative and seeing a project or work product through to completion; and proven ability to work independently with moderate supervision. The TPA also needs exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as the individual will also engage regularly with the VCF Team and contractors supporting the Transformation.
This is a junior level position that offers an opportunity to work on a variety of tasks to support the VTP Delivery Management Team. Success in this position will rely heavily on strong organization, planning, and progress tracking skills. The ideal candidate will have strong project planning and management acumen and be able to keep an eye on current progress, what is coming up, and help to identify any potential risks and issues associated with the project schedule. The candidate should have experience supporting complex technical implementation programs that have many moving parts and be able to understand the flow of work across the Transformation Project team.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Transformation Project Assistant organizes, plans, and carries out the day-to-day work that allows the Delivery Team to successfully deliver, along with our Implementation Partners, the Transformation Project.
- Provides a full range of administrative support, including establishing and maintaining filing systems, calendars, and other methods of tracking information; preparing administrative forms and documents; and handling details pursuant to meetings, conference calls, and other events.
- Tracks potential agenda topics for various meetings; drafts meeting agendas when applicable; and circulates draft agendas based on defined schedules.
- Creates, owns, updates, and maintains Outlook calendar invites for recurring and ad-hoc meetings for multiple VTP sub-teams.
- Drafts meeting notes that are clearly written, accurate, logically organized, and reflect an understanding of the discussion and the VTP. As part of meeting notes, tracks specific actions and action owners.
- Clearly outlines all action items identified in various meetings, the next steps required for the action, and the action item owner. Tracks all items to completion, including coordinating with action item owners to confirm actions have been completed and updates the tracking log accordingly.
- Designs, generates, compiles, and maintains reports, tracking logs, and other project management artifacts that may be needed.
Additional Responsibilities As Needed:
- Works closely with the Knowledge Management Lead and supports the team's knowledge management in all current locations where information is stored (such as SharePoint and network drives); identifies and tracks content that may require creation and/or updates in the transformed environment.
- Supports the development of Powerpoint slides and other materials needed to keep the entire VCF team up to date on the progress of the Transformation Project.
- Helps to maintain the VTP Leadership SharePoint site by uploading and organizing project artifacts.
- Coordinates interactions between VCF Implementation Teams and Implementation contractors.
- Works with Implementation contractor Project Management team to coordinate information exchange and tracking.
- Continually looks for ways to help the broader team achieve goals; identifies opportunities for improvements in cross-team communications and activities.
- Demonstrated Project Management and project coordination skills.
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of technical implementation project vernacular and ability to understand the technical project lifecycle, including high-level knowledge about processes, requirements, and system capability development and tracking.
- Skilled in coordinating across teams, and prioritizing and handling competing demands.
- Demonstrated success working on a remote team, as is necessary under current pandemic restrictions (NOTE: position will be on-site at VCF offices in Washington, D.C. once offices re-open).
- Proactively manages work, sets appropriate priorities, and manages time to deliver high quality work on schedule.
- Ability to use VCF systems and tools and DOJ network to complete work efficiently and accurately.
- Experience with SharePoint, including creating SP sites, site content, and organizing a large number of files and folders to meet users' needs.
- Exceptional attention to detail and deadlines.
- For day-to-day activities, will receive direction and feedback from VCF Transformation Project Delivery Lead.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance.
- Undergraduate degree with a minimum of 2 years of similar work experience.
- Proficiency in PC applications, including MS Office, including experience with MS Word formatting, styles, layout, text boxes, and templates; MS Excel intermediate level user or above. MS PowerPoint template development, including application of previously-defined formats.
- Ability to exercise judgment and critical thinking.
- Ability to work independently, handle simultaneous deadlines, and manage conflicting priorities.
- Skills in time management, organization, communication, and problem solving.
- Experience working with the Agile Methodology is strongly preferred.
- Experience supporting a project management office (PMO) for a large technology implementation.
- Experience with large Federal government programs is ideal.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement