The Alaka'ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) has a potential need for a First Mate to provide Operations and Maintenance of support range support crafts and surface targets at a range facility in the US Naval Base in Guam.
- Report directly to the Captain and is trained to take command in absence of the Captain.
- Must be trained and qualified to assume overall responsibility for the safety of the MPC- 1, equipment, and embarked personnel.
- Provide documentation to PMRF, through Port Operations, that demonstrates attainment of qualification and maintenance of proficiency.
- Responsible for the safety of the crew, the material condition of the vessel, and will immediately report any change in Mission Capability of the MPC-1 to the Annex Manager so appropriate action can be taken and to evaluate if Mission Support will be affected.
- Supervise the maintenance of appropriate harbor, coastal, and open ocean charts to facilitate safe navigation in all of the supported training areas within the Marianas Island Range Complex.
- Maneuver the craft IAW all applicable USCG Rules of the Road while navigating inland and international waters.
- Communicate with other vessels via VHF MARBAND radio or USCG approved sound signals, to avoid danger or collision.
- Supervises, directs, and ensures the safe execution of operations by the line handling crews and helmsperson during accomplishment of docking and undocking.
- Determines arrangement of mooring lines and brow (gangway).
- Responsible for the safety of the Guam MPC-1 and its crew, approximately 08-10 employees, and for the successful execution of all missions assigned to the vessel.
- Ensure a safe work environment through strict adherence to safety, schedule and quality policies and procedures and good housekeeping; work with other work centers achieve repairs in an efficient and timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years related experience.
- Must have at least 3-5 years' sea experience with 2-3 years of supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with supply and procurement processes, troubleshooting equipment or systems, preparing written statements of work, plans of action and milestones, or production schedules is a must.
- Should be extremely familiar with Microsoft Office applications and be computer literate.
- May be required to work after hours, weekends and holidays when operationally needed.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience reading technical manuals, blue prints, and schematic drawings preferred.
- Background in maintenance and a familiarity with the Navy's 3M Program, corrective maintenance, preventive maintenance, ordnance handling, multi-tasking, establishing administrative and operational priority.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must obtain and have current a US Coast Guard (USCG) 200-Ton Near Coastal First Mate license.
- Must obtain and have current a US Coast Guard (USCG) 200-ton license
CITIZENSHIP AND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess and maintain a secret clearance.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries. Eligible employees enjoy a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. The Alaka`ina Foundation FOCs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kupono Government Services, Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kikaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit