Job ID: 84363
Location: Burien, WA
Entity: Behavioral Health -Navos
Category: Behavioral Health
Specialty: Not Applicable
Department: Admin BHS
Employment Type: Part Time - Regular
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
The mission of Navos is to improve the quality of life of people vulnerable to mental illness by providing a broad continuum of trauma informed care with a focus on recovery and resilience. For over forty years, Navos has been responding to the needs of people with mental illness in King County. Our services are targeted to those who live at or near poverty, often as a result of their mental illness. Navos provides affordable housing to our clients and clients of other mental health agencies through a variety of public and private funding including HUD 202 - Section 8 properties, Section 8 vouchers from the King County Housing Authority, HUD Shelter Plus Care Program, the State of Washington and City of Seattle housing programs.
The House Cleaner works with the rest of the housing team in partnership with Navos case managers to provide services and to assist residents to maintain and retain their housing and to further meet the needs of our residents. The House Cleaner will also turn units at some Navos owned or leased properties. The House Cleaner also works in close collaboration with Navos ECS and PACT programs, which offer permanent affordable housing to clients leaving Western State Hospital.
1. Preform house cleaning and unit turnovers that include, but are not limited to the following tasks:
2. Sweep, scrub, mop and polish floors
3. Vacuum clean carpets, rugs and draperies or blinds
4. Dust and polish furniture and fittings
5. Clean all fixtures and fittings
6. Empty and clean trash containers
7. Dispose of trash in a sanitary manner
8. Clean appliances inside and out
9. Clean wash basins, mirrors, tubs and showers
10. Clean all glass surfaces
11. Wash windows as scheduled
12. May need to do laundry, as needed for unit treatments
13. Operate mechanized cleaning equipment
14. Utilize the Navos Unit Make Ready Checklist to turn vacant units
15. Maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary working condition
16. Monitor and report necessary repairs and replacements needed in the unit
17. Follow organization infection control policies and procedures. At risk for exposure to blood borne pathogens.
18. Safeguard keys to building and units never giving anyone access to occupied tenant units, ensuring the security and integrity of areas of cleaning.
19. Participate in team meetings and trainings, as assigned.
20. Coordinate or collaborate with facilities as needed.
21. Submit work orders for needed repairs or maintenance to facilities using Zen Desk.
22. Coordinate with case managers to clean occupied units as needed.
23. All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. One year cleaning experience.
2. High school diploma or equivalent preferred
3. Knowledge of cleaning and sanitation products, techniques and methods
5. Working knowledge of operating cleaning equipment
6. Knowledge of cleaning procedures.
7. Knowledge of health and safety requirements.
8. Solid communication skills both oral and written.
9. Ability to work with and understand low-income and/or special needs people. Prefer some experience working with the mentally ill.
10. Must have good organization skills and be able to manage multiple tasks.
11. Effective communication skills including the ability to read and write in English.
12. Ability to work with and respectfully communicate with residents, co-workers and the general public.
13. Ability to complete forms and checklists.
14. Must be computer literate, competent in email and Internet. Experience using office equipment ie: telephone and copier.
15. Must have transportation, auto insurance coverage, valid driver's license, and be willing to travel to agency properties.
Personal Traits and Qualifications:
Ability to work independently and as part of a team, strong organizational skills, detail oriented, good interpersonal skills, demonstrates professionalism at all times. Honesty, adaptability and reliability a must. Coordinates and cooperates with staff in all levels of the organization, Navos clients, and the public. Possesses the knowledge, values, attitude and skills to create a trauma-informed, safe, trusting healing environment that respects the perspectives and experiences of the individuals, families, staff and communities we serve with safety and healing.
Applicants must be able to meet the physical requirements of the classification and have mobility, balance, coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to the functions performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in indoor environments with exposure to dirt and dust, noise, fumes and odors, darkness or poor lighting in performing cleaning work. Work requires considerable physical exertion in completing tasks and requires bending, lifting, kneeling, crawling, climbing as well as working on ladders and tight spaces. Applicants work may occasionally expose applicant to electrical, chemical and mechanical hazards natural to the
work performed. Also required is the ability to tolerate strong odors and ability to wear appropriate protective equipment. Must be able to lift and carry 40lbs.
MultiCare is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V