The Communications Coordinator deploys a full range of writing and editing skills to protect Alpine Bank’s public image and burnish it’s brand, ensuring that written communications, are grammatically and factually correct, while also adhering to bank branding standards in print, radio, email, online, TV/video and all marketing avenues.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepares and/or reviews written communications such as brochures, newsletters, posters, news releases, surveys, proposals, bank forms and correspondence for marketing functions of sales, advertising, business development and public relations.
- Conducts research for the marketing department.
- Promotes Alpine Bank's culture, values and services to customers, the general public, business community, stockholders and employees.
- Correlates compatibility of promotion programs with public relations activities.
- Manages Enterprise Marketing Green Team communications.
- Maintains archive of materials for future use and audit retrieval.
- Incident Response Team involvement.
- Responsible for enforcing brand guidelines and standards across departments and business lines to ensure consistency in communications and improve the customer experience.
- Continually assess how any work requested or created will best be presented utilizing Dreamweaving.
- Ensures that all decisions or conversations with customers or peers are in conjunction with Alpine Banks Values and Vision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment.
- Ability to work independently and with multiple departments.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with fellow members of the Enterprise Marketing Team, particularly the Operations Manager and Graphic Designer.
- Command the full range of the written word, from proofreading to copyediting to editing and writing.
- Ability to collect and research data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Skill in generating creative solutions.
- Ability to work well in group problem-solving situations.
- Skill in managing project team activities.
- Ability to share expertise with others.
- Ability to write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Skill in developing workable implementation plans.
- Knowledge of identifying the market and competition.
- Skill in developing and implementing cost saving measures.
- Ability to support the organization's goals and values.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the public.
- Embrace a philosophy of continuous improvement in skills, looking for educational opportunities to both add and update skills needed to perform job duties, including, but not limited to, new technology and software.
Education or Formal Training:
- A Bachelor's Degree (B. A.) from four-year college in Marketing, Communications, Business or similar.
- A minimum of three (3) years related experience, preferably in a banking or financial environment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience with Microsoft Word & Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Associated Press Style Guide, Internet software and Contact Management systems.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted on a year-to-year basis.
This job operates in a professional office environment or remotely as approved by management. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
These are representative of those which must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Employee also may have to lift up to 25 pounds.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.