- Position: Mortgage Loan Processor
- Location: Fort Smith, AR
MORTGAGE LOAN PROCESSOR JOB DESCRIPTION Summary & Purpose:
While projecting a professional image; process 1-4 unit family residential mortgages; FHA, VA, conventional, rural development, Section 184, and Bond loans. Interact with new and existing customers and match services that best fit their individual needs. Respond to inquiries and resolve issues.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that customers are assisted promptly in person, by telephone, or electronically by meeting or exceeding Bank standards as identified in the SMILE program.
- Establish contact with Borrowers within 48 hours and report to borrowers, builders and agents on updated statuses during entire process as needed.
- Meet accuracy and correctness of work standards as determined by established policies and procedures.
- Orders the appraisal and generates flood reports as required for each loan.
- Submit initial automated approval along with documentation required for each loan.
- Work closely with the customer to obtain essential information and documents required to close the loan.
- Verify and ensure that appropriate loan documentation is obtained prior to submitting the loan for underwriting to include Grant, Bond, MCC, RD and DPA.
- Meet any loan conditions identified by the underwriter before submitting the loan for final approval.
- Monitor rate lock detail including processing deadlines.
- Record detail documentation of customer interactions and transactions, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Contribute to branch deposit growth and branch profitability annual goals.
- Resolve and record detail of customer complaints or ensure that the complaint is referred to the appropriate individual for resolution.
- Verify and ensure that appropriate action was taken in resolving customer problems.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Typically requires 1-2 years of related work experience and the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the essential requirements of the job.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver's License issued by the state in which you reside
- Long periods of standing or sitting, typing and repetitive motion
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs on occasion