- Position: Commercial Lender
- Location: Claremore, OK
COMMERCIAL LENDER JOB DESCRIPTIONSummary & Purpose
While projecting a professional image; interact with new and existing customers and match services that best fit their individual needs. Respond to inquiries and resolve issues.
Exercise independent discretion and judgment in soliciting, negotiating, underwriting, coordinating, and management of new and existing client base of business including portfolio management. Has authority to make independent lending decisions as authorized by the Board of Directors annually. Predominantly focused on commercial related lending, with the authority to make credit decisions to approve or deny consumer chattel, consumer real estate, business aggregate and agricultural aggregate loan applications based on Board approved limits. Provides consultation to clients and makes lending decisions on behalf of the bank in matters relating to financial significance.
Contacts customers, businesses, community organizations, and civic groups to promote goodwill and generate new business.Essential Functions:
- Ensure that customers are assisted promptly in person, by telephone, or electronically by meeting or exceeding Bank standards as identified in the SMILE program.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan or submits application to credit analyst for verification and recommendation.
- Authority to approve exceptions to the established loan policy as approved by the Board of Directors annually.
- Authority to approve various operational deposit items in excess of teller supervisor limits, such as check approvals and cash items, within Board of Directors approved limits.
- Authority to independently approve customer overdrafts within annually approved limits.
- Manage all aspects of the assigned loan portfolio to meet or exceed the established ratio.
- Maintain annual loan charge offs to meet or exceed the established ratio.
- Meet accuracy and correctness of work standards according to established policies and procedures.
- Meet or exceed annual cross-sell requirements.
- Contribute to annual branch deposit growth and branch profitability goals.
- Resolve customer complaints or ensure that the complaint is referred to the appropriate individual for resolution.
- Verify and ensure that appropriate action was taken to resolve customer related issues.
- Represent the Bank at various bank sponsored events, both during regular banking hours or evenings and/or weekends.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, minimum 3.0 overall GPA required
- Possess a minimum of 1-2 years of experience in loan review or credit analysis program in a financial institution
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver's License issued by the state in which you reside
- Spend Time Making Repetitive Motions
- Spend Time Sitting and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds
- Spend Time Using Your Hands to Handle, Control, or Feel Objects, Tools, or Controls